1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Texas Taxidermy Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

June 10th through 14th, 2009
    The Texas Taxidermy Association 30th Annual Convention & Convention [​IMG]
    Holiday Inn Hotel and Towers, Lubbock, TX.
    Contact Donna House at (979) 387-3801, Brian Fees at (817) 677-9094, or <A HREF="http://www.ttai.org">visit the TTA website</A>.

2. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Contact Donna House - (979)387-3801 or Brian Fees - (817)677-9094.

3. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Texas Convention

I want to invite those on the forum who will be attending the Texas convention in Lubbock on June 11-13 to a pre-convention Bar-B-Q at the Owens household on June 10th. Festivities should start around 5pm-?. If you plan to attend, PM me and I'll get directions over to you. If you already know how to get out to our house, PM me anyway so I will have somewhat of a head count for food!

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Re: Texas Convention

Kim, unfortunately my plans have changed & I will be unable to attend the TTAI show this year. I have started the remodeling of the exterior of my studio a few months ahead of schedule & need to see it thru & with the possibility looking a little better that we wil be aquiring another property with in the next 30 days I am not going to put myself in a position to jeopardize any of these 2 opportunities.

Thanks so much for the invite, words cannot express the fun Miranda & I had last year with you, Danny & your extended family of neighbors!! Do not worry though, Danny's box of reference will be shipped to your house & arrive before the show.

Best regards, Michael :)

5. Kim Owens

Not to worry about the reference- he won't be judging so he won't need it. If someone close is coming, you can send it with them! I'm sorry you'll miss it- it's gonna be a fun weekend. Next time!

6. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

If I only lived a bit closer! You Texans are a riot.

7. JerryH

JerryH New Member

I will not be able to attend either. With the passing of my father in February I have to much work to do on his house to make it ready to sell. And with all the expenses involved with moving my mom to Houston and moving stuff to my house I am pretty much tapped out :(

Maybe next time.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I know the feeling!! I counted 7 primer buckets of empty primer out back this morning. At $39.00 a bucket that gets old!! LOL These old walls on the building are soaking up the primer as a sponge does water. But man will it look fresher :)

9. RandyRogers

RandyRogers New Member

Thank you so much for opening your home. Not many people would want a bunch of taxidermists bombarding their home. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it either. Lubbock is just too far. Kinda wish we could agree on a central location for the convention...... Maybe someday. Thanks again.

10. Kim Owens

Central would be fine for me! I hate it that so many won't be able to make it this year. When plans were being made on convention sites, who would have thought the economy would be what it is!

11. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Well Kim, Julie and I will be there sounds like fun. Thanks for the invite.

Will

12. wildart

wildart New Member

hey kim,(and danny) dodie and i will be there. maybe we could have the board meeting there also. to those that have'nt been, kim and danny are great hosts and put on quite a spread. let me know what to bring kim. thanks bob

13. Becky P

It was in Ft Worth last year, it's been in Kerrville several times recently and will be again next year.

Kim, I'd like to go but not sure if I'll be able to unless I can hitch a ride after the board meeting.

14. Kim Owens

Texas Show

Can't wait! Getting the yard in some type of shape- the weather looks good- hot, but good. Bought the food for Wednesday night and I think there will be plenty. Chicken, ribs, brisket, and the trimmings. Michael- I have been planning the menu for the week and I made the spaghetti sauce today- wish you and Miranda could be here!

15. CAMOGUY

CAMOGUY CAN'T COUNT IT TILL YOU MOUNT IT.

Re: Texas Show

Kim I hope everone has a good time. I wish I could be there but I got too much work to do.

16. Becky P

Can't wait.
    Two more days. Got some last minute finishing to do. Why do I always wait til the last possible second to finish things?

17. Nick2021

Nick2021 Member

Just got in to Lubbock today, very excites. However, I didn't know there were railroad tracks across the highway and two of my birds didn't like it. Will the suppliers have any paints LOL....like wigeon blue? ;D. Or...if somebody has some, I'd greatly appreciate it and will even buy lunch ( it was the only color I didn't bring in my tool box :()

Nick

18. Becky P

a few pics from Texas - UPDATED - a lot of pics

Gary very intensely working on a fish eye.
    Our very own Smiley guarding the supply room.
    Competition room - they wouldn't let me in, see sign, LOL.

Attached Files:

19. Re: a few pics from Texas

What the Hell did Will do to his foot? Wreck another 4 wheeler? LOL!

20. Becky P

Re: a few pics from Texas

Igor & Manny

Attached Files: