1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

what do you wear

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Big Tine, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Big Tine

Big Tine have a great day

Hey I just opened up A taxidermy shop,I have it split in two sections One side is a convinence store and th other side is set up like a cabin were I do all my work,Seems to be doing very well,My question is what does everyone were in there shop as uniforms or whatever is it nessacary to dress nice or just a t shirt?

2. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Tee shirt and jeans are just fine but use commen sense

3. ChadF

ChadF Active Member

thongs

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend the thong. Jeans and a T-shirt that doesn't have anything explicit.

5. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Hence the commen sense.

6. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

LMAO Me too :D :D
    I bought an apron from coon hunter. It keeps the crud off my clothes.
    I either wear jeans or sweats, usually sweats 'cause it's really hard for me to find my size pants so I don't want to ruin any.

7. Bowman

Bowman New Member

I think someone ought to try one of those Richard Simmons git up's. See what it does for your business ;D. I've only been doing this for a couple of years, but I don't think I have a pair of pants left that I haven't burned holes in!

8. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Polo shirt with an embroidered logo or on casual day screen printed T-shirts. Jeans always!

9. rebel

rebel New Member

nothing LOL

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Now there's a scary thought :-\

11. Screen printed t shirts are fine.

12. A T and Jeans when workin I wear a white smock like the butchers wear at work keeps me clean some what
    Wayne

13. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

the crappiest sweats I have cause I'm a slob, unless a customer calls and is bringing a mount, then I put on my dressy sweats!!! LOL

14. Moosabec Taxidermy

Moosabec Taxidermy New Member

Wear what ever fits the occasion. T-shirts, sweat shirts, jeans, sweats pants, etc, BUT be sure to wash your hands when dealing with customers on the other side, lol... Oh, and be sure to wipe off the blood and bear fat off of your shoes, lol...

15. A Tux For sure!! you want to loo professional don't you???

Hell No I waer shorts usually a CAT shirt (California Aossocoatio of Taxidermist) you know representing and all LOL, and a decent pair of shoes if the blood is not dry on any of my custom wardrobe I try tp wipe it off before the customer see's it ....but I have opened the door wearing my Rubber Appron, that look like the chainsaw massacre with a bloody SawZall in my hand :) I don't think I have ever had a weird look yet LOL.

16. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I don't think customers really expect us to look like we're going to the Prom!!
    Thats why they bring the stuff to us, so they don't end up looking like us!!!!

17. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

T-shirt, jeans and boots unless they catch me too early in the morn then I may still be running around in my fuzzy slippers ;D

18. Jeans, T and usally a half zip sweatshirt this time of year.... I try to wear an apron, but it never fails I forget to put it on or someone shows up before I get it on and end up with blood all over my pants and shirt. At least I've figured out how to get blood out of fabric....

19. piatt

piatt Member

i just wear jeans and a t-shirt. I forget to put the apron on most of the time also. eventually i want to have screen printed work shirts. My personal opinion is that sweatpants appear lazy and un-proffesional, please that is just my opinion and i intend to start no arguements. Now, a customer isn't going to come in and critique your clothing, i just think that it is wise to look your best.

20. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

I like to feel comfortable, yet look professional. I went out and bought a bunch of camouflage T-shirts. They are 100% cotton and so comfortable, while at the same time it's kind of like a uniform, since it "goes along" with taxidermy. They're cheap so I don't have to worry about messing them up, and they're camouflage -- meaning blood and other such crud doesn't show nearly as much as a solid tee!! I'm thinking about getting me some long sleeve camo shirts, but right now I'm just wearing the T-shirts with a thermal long sleeve shirt underneath. Helps me to keep warm in the shop .. I'm trying to save on energy so I don't keep my heater as warm as I would like in there. Lol :D ;D