1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rules of Engagement-

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Brewster, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Brewster

Brewster New Member

(for MOST OF US) and how to collect APPLAUDS!

1 If you’re a novice when posting an answer make sure you mention it somewhere. If not make sure you say it’s “just your opinion”.
    2 Never say anything about anything unless you’ve searched the archives thoroughly before hand.
    3 If you’re confident about an answer, think twice about whom you’re responding to.
    4 Remember there are only a hand full of individuals who carry the mantle of certainty.
    5 NEVER stray from “the” conventional wisdom..
    6 Never speak up or call to account any person who is being arrogant, rude, or condescending, unless they are your lesser.
    7 Always remember there are people here that are keen to bashing underlings, so you’d better learn early your place as a minion.
    8 Don’t hesitate to compliment or stroke your superiors no matter what they say.
    9 If you think you have anything worth while to say, well say it as nicely as you can but- really it’s already been said before.
    10 If you happen to fund Jaba the Hut nauseating, double-dealing, or even wrong… REMEMBER rules 1-9 but number 8 would be advised here.
    *11 well... your on your own

Have a brew on me

2. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

Your so full of yourself, aren't you Brewster?

3. Macky

Macky Guest

Applaud for Brewster

I agree; add a dollop of High School Mentality, Popularity Contest. The Karma Crap is just that, too. The NEW Forum is just as bad if not worse. Same old, same old....

4. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Brewster,.......

That was a good one...I even gave you a (add +1)

:)

Kerby...

5. (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(").....
    THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES!

http://ustaxidermist.proboards84.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=birthdayboard&thread=1156742236&page=32

This week we're learning how to sharpen gutten sticks with our teeth :eek:

6. E Fudd

E Fudd Guest

How do you get 1393 posts in 2 weeks???? ???

7. wabbit

wabbit Guest

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(").....
    hi Elmer, well to answer your question, more writing and less smiting!!!

8. Gunner1

Gunner1 New Member

No way he just said that!!

9. Gunner1

Gunner1 New Member

Elmer Fudd and Wabbit!
    You gotta be kidding me...where have I landed Toto?

10. DON PATTON

DON PATTON Guest

I have to agree with Brewster !
    I'm starting to think the purpose of the forum, in part, is for the "Masters" to recruit the "Newbies" for Monetary gain. ie; Classes, workshops, DVD's, Reproduction fish Blanks, tools, supplies etc. That is OK....I suppose, but it seems to be more desperately as of late. Slow Economy in regards to Recreational purchases ? ( Taxi. mounts)
    I'm a part timer / Hobbyist, working a full time job. I do Replica fish mounts "on the side", because its an extension of my 1st hobby...fishing.
    I have learned much from the Forum, just from reading some of the posts ! But what I can't understand is this KARMA Nonsense. Ken...what is the purpose of it ????
    Now watch....I'll probably get another -1 karma point ...LOL

11. I was unable to loggin when posting the above thread....so I posted as a "Guest" .

12. Great name Don! Ever have any kinfolk around Nocona, Texas?

13. Thanks David ! Can't say that I have any kinfolk in Texas....most are back East. My Dad was from Bloomington, Indiana originally, ended up in N.E. Ohio.

14. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LMAO. Brewster, you sound a lot like Cecil. It looks as if your karma ratings reflect the truth of your posts and for the record, I never gave you a single one of them. It must be terrible when EVEN I have a better karma rating that you. LMAO. I also noticed a lot of "guests" chirping in. Now why wouldn't a person want to be a member of a group before starting to badmouth them. We used to have that on the old fourms with the "anonymous" ones. Now we call them "guests". What sort of chafes me is that the very people, LIKE BREWSTER, when they get to a problem will come to one of the people he's smearing to ask them a question. Even dumber, WE ANSWER HIM. LOL

15. E Fudd

E Fudd Guest

HMMMM, 1 day old Wabbit sign

16. Brewster

Brewster New Member

George-I just read the "power post thread" and you don't think Cecil made a lick of sense in his posts? One great thing about the karma button is that it allows people to agree or disagree W/O power posting. Good for you- you're in the black with + 4 as a result of 165 posts.. As for your warn out "biting the hand that feeds you” chats, get a clue YOU’RE NO ONES GRANDPARENT, UNCLE OR DEAR OL'DAD HERE! There are a lot of ACCOMPLISHED taxidermists here who offer great tech support W/O all the egotism you provide. I can’t imagine what we would have to bear if you’d earned a blue ribbon in a masters category. Here’s a challenge, try only answering questions directed towards you for awhile?

As Cecil tried to say “Get a life, this is only a web site”.

Brewster

PS- I think most get a chuckle at the 10 rules

17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Brewster, might I suggest "Balmex". Seems you've come down with a terminal case of diaper rash and none of the ACCOMPLISHED TAXIDERMISTS have suggested that to you yet. Might want to try regular cotton diapers as well since some infants are allergic to the chemicals in the paper ones. Good luck.

18. What is the big deal about stars and Karma and all anyway. I don't get it. We have been posting on this forum since 1998? How many posts are in the forums? 5 million? Everyone just settle down, hunting season is on the way and we will all be too busy to post at the computer anyway.

Chuckle... ;D

19. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Not me I'm a fish guy remember? ;D ;D ;D

Oops was that a Power Post Mr. Fudd? Please forgive me. ::)

20. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

You got me. Sounds like a bunch of kids fighting over marbles.