1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How much $'s for coyote & badger

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by MHTaxidermy, Nov 25, 2008.

1. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

Just wonderin if anybody knows how much I could get for a standoff
    between a snarling coyote and a snarlin badger on a nice habitat.
    Old fence post, barbed wire, dusting of snow, some vegetation.
    And where would be the best place to try and sell it? Ebay?

2. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

without pictures to show quality and design of the scene, its gonna be impossible for us to show any monetary value on it. Post up some pics and lets see what you got.

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I agree with Russ. ALOT depends on the quality of the work.. Post some pics :)

4. MHTaxidermy

Don't got any pics, becouse I havn't done it yet.
    I was just wondereing if I would be able to sell it for enough to cover
    the cost of doing it. I know it deponds on quality and I dont have much experiance yet.
    So the quality wont be exceptionally good.
    I kinda figured you'd need pics but thought I'd ask anyway.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

It's been my experience that large, complex scenes don't sell as well as small, simple ones. Take into consideration that the buyer has to pay freight on the piece and it's going to be REALLY high for something that big. Also keep in mind that the number of potential customers that have room for such a thing is very limited. Broaden your potential customer base by doing the 2 animals separate, on small, simple habitats that are easy to ship and you will get a lot more money!!!!

6. MHTaxidermy

Sounds like wise advise. Now, where would be the best place to sell them. Ebay is the only thing I know of.

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

ebay is a good choice

8. It's best to do small stuff if you're selling on Ebay....if it's too big to go UPS ground OS2 very few will bid/buy because of the shipping cost. That's true of almost anything you sell on Ebay - taxidermy or not. Or, if you do bigger stuff just think ahead....one of these days I'm going to do two coyotes fighting each other, but I will come up with some way to separate the base so that the mount can be shipped UPS ground rate and not freight.

Also, in this poor economy, making stuff small enough (of course, stuff that is legal to ship out of the US) to easily be shipped to foreign buyers is very helpful.

9. your vision could be differant than the buyer . you might want to take the advise of those how have told you already .. my self i like the action stuff and do a lot of it snakes eating duckling , cats fighting and that kind of stuff but there isnt a market for it . im lucky enought to do that kind of stuff on occations ,, hope you do well selling friends have told me that ebay sucks lately slow sales,, mark c

10. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

if it turns out to look good then you should at least get your money back on it. as far as selling try craigs list and list as local pick up only

11. Yea Ebays the way to go Mark! Unless it look very bad you will be able to get your money out of it!!! Take care! Josh