1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another Brain Blaster Design

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by rk_az, Nov 29, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

NEW EDIT FROM 2020 .. The pictures from above that are missing are further down in the post!!
    [​IMG]

That, I would say, is an improvement. Much easier to direct the stream into the skull and keep your hands and face away from the business end and flying debris. :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020

3. I like That!!

4. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Sure would like to see that in seperate parts. Cool design, may have to build one like that, though the one I already have does a great job. That one does look just a little more user-friendly.

5. I like the looks of that! I bet it still causes a mess though. LOL

6. LOL. Just the sound of brain blaster sounds messy.

7. The beauty of it is that there are only 3 parts - the hose nozzle, the brass fitting, and the copper tube. That brass fitting is all one assembly, I found it in the plumbing department at Lowe's. It is called a "female hose to compression adapter", for $4.43 It screws right onto the hose nozzle (you obviously need one with a threaded end, I also found that at Lowe's), and accepts 1/4" copper tubing. Pretty sweet!

8. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

Is there a certain sprayer that these pieces will fit with?

9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

rk az:

As the designer of the "Original Brainblaster", I would say that yours is one heck of an improvement over mine! I'm gonna look for that fitting next time I'm in Lowe's.

Thanks for sharing!

10. AndyB

AndyB New Member

This is what i use:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=35226

Then i take newspaper and rap it in a cone shape, put the nose of the skull down toward bottom of the cone shape. Then stick the end of the blow gun in the cavity and rap the end of the cone around the gun and pull the trigger! It only takes about 50 PSI to clean two raccoon skulls.

11. chasintail

chasintail New Member

For those of you that haven't seen how well a brainblaster does work, I put a video on youtube awhile back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6jMZ1RW8zI

12. The hose nozzle I have is a "Gilmour" brand, but I have seen others that would work, as long as there are male hose threads on the end of the nozzle. Here is the nozzle, the rubber nozzle tip comes off:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=248111-306-192GF&lpage=none

Joey, you definitely get credit for the invention! I just got lucky when I ran across that fitting.

Chasintail, I've seen your video before, that's a slick setup for sure. What is that valve handle off of? A pesticide spayer?

Andy, do you use air to blast brains then? Or do you run water through that?

13. chasintail

chasintail New Member

Its an air gun nozzle I picked up at walmart. Used in like a woodshop or autoshop with an air compressor.

I like the new idea. It simplifies my variation of the design!

14. Gobblingfever

Don't you need 5 peices?

15. 5? I guess if you disassembled everything, you would end up with more than 5 pieces. But I was meaning 3 purchased parts. The hose nozzle, the brass fitting, and the copper tube. Everything between the hose nozzle and copper tube is one purchased assembly, and is called a "female hose to compression adapter", or "3/4 FHT x 1/4 compression adapter", or something to that effect.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=30806-104-A-696/PBGHR4&detail=&lpage=none

16. AndyB

AndyB New Member

Ya i use air I live up north i cant always run water outside so the air in my shop is a better less temperature controlled way.

17. Gobblingfever

This is what it showed me when I went online. This is why I was thinking it would be 5 pieces. Cool thanks.

18. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

That looks great, and cheaper than the original I may have to build a new one.

Joeym check this out - http://www.dermestidbeetlecolonies.com/ you should have patented your idea!

19. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

I use air as well I don't have pressurized water outside yet :'(

20. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Test to see if this can be brought back. It can but it also broke the images that could be seen on the old forum. My PC saved them in the cache so here they are. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    HondaXR250 and Micah Howards like this.