1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another Brain Blaster Design

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by rk_az, Nov 29, 2008.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Very good Sea Wolf! Those photos are here to stay....hopefully!

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

They are now as I uploaded them from my PC. They were working on the old, original post (sort of) but bringing the post up to the top seems to have broken them for good. Have to remember that for the old, archived posts. To either leave them where they are, or, copy the pictures and repost them when/if the thread gets moved. This one went back to 2008 but the idea and design for this tool seems to have been lost/forgotten.

Joey, this is your original invention. Do you still have your original pictures to add to this? Not sure where your post on it is.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    AZ~Rich likes this.

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

So no more brain blaster disasters!

4. jmg_44

jmg_44 New Member

I just use an air compressor and air, is there a benefit to using water?

5. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I think my photos died on Photobucket. The originals are probably hid on a floppy disc somewhere, LOL!

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Ouch. My current machine still has a small floppy drive. Don't think I've ever used it. Are you blocked out of your PB account completely? I had to download all my pictures one by one into a folder from there. I was the only one that could see them.

7. double gun

double gun New Member

I’m just a hobbyist so mine will go sometimes multiple years between uses and with lots of kids running around getting into everything I didn’t want them handling tubing that was covered in brain. So I cover my tubing with shrink tubing each use. (I realize this isn’t practical for a real taxidermist). I also switched from the soft copper to rigid stainless tubing.

8. A couple of pictures of my blaster and how I use it. I use a different nozzle but the same fitting I got from Lowes and I put a shepards hook bend rather than a 90 degree. I have used this inside during the winter by using a bucket as shown to catch/control the mess.

IMG_0938.jpg IMG_0939.jpg

coroner2 likes this.