1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

training in knoxville tn

Discussion in 'Training' started by remmag, Dec 24, 2006.

1. remmag

remmag New Member

hey everyone
    i am new to taxidermy and was wondering if there is any training options in the knox tenn area.i havnt been able to find any schools so far.
    i am interested in deer shoulder mounts and have been trying to do one on my own[aint doin so good]
    does anyone know of someone who will let you observe working on deer. having alot of trouble splitting lips eyes etc
    thanx for any help

2. Geno

Geno New Member

Join the Tn Taxidermy Association and you'll be rewarded many times over.Before work and Health problems slowed me down years ago I learned more from the associations I belonged to due to the wonderful sharing of knowledge and contacts.Good luck and keep splitting you'll get it. Geno here

3. remmag

remmag New Member

thanx
    how do i join the association and what all is involved.and thanx for the vote of confidence on splitting

4. nuthin fancy

nuthin fancy New Member

hey remmagg,jhon griffith sterns kentucky very close to you he has site under training on this taxi net good luck

5. remmag

remmag New Member

*thanx for the info joe
    i looked up his page and will be calling him tomorrow.
    i seen on your profile you are from tn wich part are you from.i am out in strawberry plains

6. nuthin fancy

nuthin fancy New Member

im from portland tn .good luck

7. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    john griffith is your man!

8. Daniel Atkins

Daniel Atkins New Member

I am from Seymour TN (Blount county side) and am also new to taxidermy and looking for training. A friend of mine told me about a guy in Rockford TN that trains but when I called him his wife said he was in the hospital and didn't elaborate on his condition. I do not know his prices or how he trains but my buddys all say he is exellent on deer. I will contact you if I get intouch with him in a few weeks and you can give him a call and see if he meets your needs. Also let me know if you find someone close within 45 minutes to an hour of Knoxville.