1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bad news

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Nov 30, 2008.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I haven't seen it posted and if I missed it, I apologize.

Tonight, I got an email giving me the sad news that Jean Lavallee has been diagnosed with leukemia. "Mean Jean" is, as far as I know, the oldest member here with Richard Christoforo and me close behind (there may be a few others of you I don't know about - no slight intended). Anyway, Jean is going to need all our prayers as he fights this deadly enemy. Remember him in your prayers tonight.

2. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Will do, George. Thanks for the info.

3. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Sorry to hear that George. Thoughts and prayers here also.

4. thanks for spreading the news George. thoughts and prayers to him and his family. please keep us advised of how things are going for him.

J

5. Prayers sent.

6. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

Prayers sent

7. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Shall do ....

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

ill say a prayer.

9. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Prayers sent

10. cht

cht New Member

prayers sent

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

12. Talked to TGF and prayers on the way for him and his wife who he has been caring for , for almost two years now. jean will now need some taking care of, our prayers are with him.

13. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Wow, sorry to hear that! As Tom said his wife had been going through a lot medical issues besides. Prayer are and will be sent.

14. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Wow, that sucks! I enjoy seeing jean at our show every june and learning all his tips and tricks he's showed over the years. I hope he is ok and is surely in my thoughts.

15. Thanks George for letting us know, that is sad sad news, if you happen to talk to JL, please tell him I will be pulling for him. He is a great mentor from way back in the early days I was on here.
    rw

[​IMG]

16. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

I just heard the news. Prayers will go out from me and my family. Jean is a great man with a big heart, and is one of the most beloved members of the NEAT and entire taxidermy community. We're thinking of you Jean, hang in there buddy.

Fred Barilla
    Vice President
    New England Association of Taxidermists

17. Jaz

Jaz New Member

I have been hearing about lots of taxidermists with leukemia in the past year. I may have to look into it more.

Jean and family is in my prayers!

Eric

18. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thoughts and prayers will be with him.

19. [​IMG]

20. Jean is a great guy and outstanding taxidermist.

I have great respect for him and after hearing this news my heart just sank.

Jean you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Steve