1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammal of the Month #9 (12/08-1/09)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Dec 1, 2008.

1. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I use two different Nikons. An FN-2 for studio shots, and an F-80, that has both manual and auto-focus settings for moving animals and other outdoor shots. High end telephoto, standard, and macro lenses, along with electronic shutter controls, a dedicated strobe flash unit for each camera, Bogen Ball-Adjust Head tripod, and a monopod -- single leg adjustable support -- complete my gear. For indoor studio shooting I have various cloth backdrops with a stand, studio strobe photo lights and light reflectors, stands for the lights, a lightbox with its own stand, and several mini-strobes with different colored "gels" for color effects.

John.

2. i shoot a canon 40d.......

3. Hey where's Bob Wendt. He knows stuff about cats.

4. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Heres one from awhile ago.

[​IMG]

5. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Here a red fox Ive got mounted this past week for my mom for x-mas, I posted this before but I wanted to maybe get these guys to stop fighting.

[​IMG]

6. LordRusty

Ohio
    Kevin, the fox is beautiful! Your Mom will be proud to hang that on her wall come Christmas morning! I like how the left hind leg just dangles off the branch. Very nice ear placement, and eye expression. It's a nice alert-relaxed fox! Great work!

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Nice job on the fox Kevin.

8. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Thanks to Who ever deleted all the BS on here and got back to taxidermy

Here are a couple of shots on a differant twist on a beaver mount. PS the finish work has not been done yet in these photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. LordRusty

Ohio
    Mikey! That's a nice little plump swimming foot-a-ball! :D No, really, nice mount! I especially like the undulations in the tail. Indicates real motion! Very cool!

John.

10. MJ, NICE BEAVER!!!!

11. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

I like that beaver. And yes thank you .
    Ralph

12. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Best beaver mount I have seen in a long time!

13. mark1970

mark1970 If it looks good and its got a big rack,mount it!

That makes me want to mount a beaver right now. No pun intended. Reall great work on that little lumberjack.

14. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Thanks Guys!! It really is a fun pose to do them in and quite an easy form to carve. The funny thing is I had 4 customers see that pose in my shop and they all went out and shot a beaver just so they could have one too.

Mike

15. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Great marketing... That pose definitely sells itself all day long! Wanna mount one for me like that?

16. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Edwin I love the leopard mount but I really Love the tree!!!! Well Done! You got to love those cats with no base too. getting ready to do a hyena with out a base to look like it is just sitting on haunches like my lab would.

Jerry...... Love the Eye rotation on your Lion. I just took in a Giant Siberian Tiger that I am planing on mounting the same way.

17. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

hey that beaver looks familiar, just kidding nice pose

18. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Hey WA, Have you done some like that? After that first one we did almost every one that brings one wants it done the same way.

Hey I still have a prime Genet with you name on it. I would love to see what you could do with one. Love seeing your work!!

19. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

just an old pic on my site. they look very close even the tails. your work is just beautiful i have admired it for a long time. how about a Genet taking down a sandgrouse. its in my head and i can't get it out till i do one that way (i my have to get one from you soon)

20. Incredible beaver, I always wanted to do one like that but have not yet! Josh