1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammal of the Month #9 (12/08-1/09)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Cool mounts everyone what a great mammals of the month thread!

I am working on some things but my camera is being repaired so it will be a few weeks before I can post any new animals.

2. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

Here is the mink with the muskrat. I am not entirely happy with this mount because there were a few imperfections in the hide, but i did what I could to salvage it. It had one front leg ripped off, which i sewed back on, the anus area was cut out completely, and there was a gouge of skin taken out of the hip area about the size of a dime which I tried to comb over and I will eventually try to hide with habitat, but overall it came out good for what it was. Mind you its still a WIP...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Here is my second lifesize whitetail deer, its freshly mounted in the picture and has no finnish work done on it!! Josh

4. Heres two more!! It has a small double white patch which I thinks pretty cool!!

5. nice Josh !!!! .. for me im about to alter some legs on a coon to fit the driftwood . for HOAL ... for Eric

6. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

here's a bear just finished

7. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Nice bear Mike!! I had a client insistant on that pose this year till I called it the "The band conductor pose" LOL. Well........ he went with the 3/4 up right after that!

Mike

8. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

Mike Yeah I hate that pose but he insisted and he was the one paying. I always try to talk them out of it,

9. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Here is a lil Bobcat I just put together.. Still drying..

10. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Just finished mounting this coon up last night. Still drying and needs touch up but I thought I would post him anyway. I want to mount him hanging behind a trash can. I got the idea from a post I saw on here a year or so ago and I've wanted one ever since!

11. altered this last night still needs some work on the form..

[​IMG]

12. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Just went on a hunt with an outfitter and took this picture of a bobcat mount. No it is not mine, but I just had to post it. It is a mount by a taxidermist in my area who is still in business. This thing was in my cabin and stared at me for 4 days.......scary!

13. DAnggggggg that bobcat sux .

14. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Here are a couple of dikdiks. They are both mounted on carved bodies and still need all their finish work.

Mike
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. great work everyone!!

16. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Good job folks.

17. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Hey Mikey,

Beautiful Dik Dik mounts! I like the naturalness of the piece and how the two are interacting. Beautiful! Great job!

John.

18. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Very Cool Dik Dik mounts MJ!
    They look great..

Mike

19. That is one strange looking animal!!!

20. Silverwolf5792

Silverwolf5792 Sierra, my quarter horse :)

Those little things are so cute! I don't think I've seen one of those before, they kind of look like little alien animals lol. Or like small versions of one of the animals in the movie Ice Age. Great job though! I love how they are posed together.