1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anybody Noticed if Shipping Charges......

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, Dec 2, 2008.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Are cheaper with the low cost of fuel? That was the reason shipping charges skyrocketed to start with wasn't it? ??? I figured it's kinda like new taxes, once they get them instated they never go away!::)

2. Yep, I'm sure everyone will agree, Perry. BTW, you hear about your ole' buddy, Larry Langford of Birmingham? LMAO! Wasn't it you saying that the whole political system down there was corrupt?

3. I just shipped another moose shoulder mount to texas and since july the shipping price has went down by $150.00.

4. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Marsh look at "who" runs Birmingham politics? Would you expect anything less? enough said! ;D

Rich, That's good to hear that shipping is lightening up on your personal shipments, but I wonder if suppliers are passing along the savings to us? Some of us local taxidermist around here have been discussing the cost of shipping from a few in state suppliers lately and you can drive to the business and pick the items up cheaper than what they ship them for being 50 and 100 miles away and still have $30 -40 bucks to spare. I know you have to look at the hours spent if you pick up, but if is incorporated it into a hunting trip or visit to family it could be cost effective with gas prices so low. I really can't relate to any savings on what I ship because I usually ship in the same size box each time. As far as I can see USPS hasn't lowered their rates or the price of stamps. :D

5. Last week I got my letter from UPS, yes another rate hike in january !

6. i agree with you there perry, i use a shipping broker for all my mounts being shipped, but when it comes to suppliers shipping to me there has not been a price decrease at all, and i am being screwed regularly by a company that i do buiness with when it comes time for them to ship back to me, i will mention no names yet, but if it doesnt stop i will no longer be using them, every order they get ready to send to me i have to call them up and call BULL SH*T on there shipping price, and for some reason every time i call the shipping gets cut in half. And im getting ready to call them today again on a shipment.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

UPS adjust the freight charge to the price of Gasoline daily. The software updates come every morning when we open up the UPS program for shipping at work.