1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Montana Taxidermists Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 5th through 8th, 2009
    The Montana Taxidermists Association Convention & Competition
    Hilton Garden Inn, Missoula, MT
    Contact Dale Manning at (406) 543-5501.

2. owen

owen New Member

Save on Shipping- Montana Convention

Call Jonas, Research Mannikins, or Trufitt and have them bring your order with any show discounts to the show in Missoula and save on shipping! Thanks for your support

3. owen

owen New Member

Swap Meet Montana Convention

Friday night March 6th those participating in the show can bring your mannikins, hides, skins capes, horns ,antlers or anything else to buy, sell , trade or give away. This should be a blast and a chance to get rid of the stuff you're never going to use and pick up some stuff that may be of use to you.

4. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

Re: MTA Convention

cool i like the cave painting idea

5. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Very cool Elephant mount and neat idea with the cave and fire inside.

Mike

6. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

WOW That Elephant is sweet I am sure that will take best in show makes me wish I would have made it there.

7. clewis

clewis New Member

Montana Show

Kudos to the MTA for a great show this weekend. Excellent competitors, excellent publicity and outstanding participation by everyone - including a very appreciative public who are invited and very much enjoy viewing the many excellent works of art done by all the competitors. The seminars were well attended, the topics current including a 6 hour class by Ken Walker on carving/sculpting a lynx (from scratch) Amazing work. The MTA was also supported with a full room of vendors from various disciplines including lost wax sculptors, original art works, tanners, cutlery vendors, woodworkers, taxidermy suppliers and many more. A great weekend - even in the snow. It was very much evident that Dale Manning, the MTA Board of Directors and the membership all worked hard to make the show what it was. Great Job

8. Instructor

Instructor Member

Re: Montana Show

Great Job Dale and the MTA Gang!!!!!!

Manny Chavez

9. Re: Montana Show

any pictures of this show?

10. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

There are a few on Bill Dishman's thread in the training section for his students and I posted a couple in the current events section titled MTA convention

11. Pictures of MTA show.

Here are some pics from the MTA show this past weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. B.S.

B.S. New Member

Here , Here ... Bravo ! Thank you to Dale Manning and ALL the MTA members who put on a great show ! Brad Smith

13. jasonb

I will be there next year. Speaking of that does anyone know where it will be next year?(and please say Billings)

14. jasonb

Pictures of MTA show.

How did the Elephant do?

15. Pictures of MTA show.

it cleaned house.

16. B.S.

B.S. New Member

Next years show is in Helena Jason . Thats a little closer than Missoula ;)

17. Re: Montana Show

Thank you all for your kind words. The MTA has strived to be the best show in the northwest and offer the best educational experience to it's members as it can. The show was a great success only to be attributed to all who helped put it on from the board members, the artists, the suppliers, the vendors and of course all the taxidermists that participated. Look for the 2010 show in Helena, Mt. to be even better! Thanks to all, Dale

18. Pictures of MTA show.

Eric, Thanks for the photos. Do you or anyone else have photos of the elephant?

19. jasonb

Pictures of MTA show.

Check Patrick J's thread about the show he's got pics of it.

20. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

Pictures of MTA show.

heres one