1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Two separate fish categories???

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by FishArt, Dec 2, 2008.

1. RDA

RDA Active Member

No problemo!!! We all have that ability- who can forget my infamous per inch thread ::) ;D ;D Besides, the waters need stirring now and then or it gets murky!!! ;) :D

nOW CMON GUYS, NINE pages, surely we can get this too twelve!!! Ill start it ARCHIE PHILLIPS is the best producer of repros out there!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

2. RDA

RDA Active Member

He has.......

3. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Perfect example of Business sense beating out skill.

Funnily enough many have come and gone but Arch is still out there.

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

Whoooaaa got a bite.... :D I know your a bit of an Archie fan but seriously now,,,,,,,,is ANY of his blanks your first choice for customer work??? BE honest :D

5. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

His blank is FIRST CHOICE if nobody else has what you need.

Not necessarily a FAN.......BUT I am not one of those who choose to treat him as a JOKE. The guy did a LOT for the industry and he still gives the BEST seminars ever. Have him to a show and there will be people sitting on top of each other....he's very entertaining. The last time he came to one of our shows he GAVE FREE copies of his Business book to EVERY ATTENDEE of his business seminar. 100+ copies.

Look I know what's what. However using a person's name as a JOKE constantly when it is not really deserved is wrong IMO. I see him get blasted all the time by people that if they knew him wouldn't say a bad thing.....even if they thought it. Besides when you get to be a successful as he is then you can comment.

Somebody is ALWAYS better. Someone always has to clear the path as well.

I bet we can get it to TWENTY PAGES NOW :D

PS. this is not a rant and not directed at anyone in particular....just an attitude.

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

Yes Jim, he was a great addition to an early industry...But,,,,,years ago I decided I would never buy another replica mainly becuase his were the only ones on the general market, and I had to face the customer as I handed him what can only be descibed as a bath tub toy with a half way decent paint job.....He looked at it, said this isnt what I was expecting and refused to pay for it...It took me a couple of decades to once again put trust in replica fish....Now days we have lots of GOOD blanks to choose from, but I plan on never seeing that dissapointed look in a customers eyes again if ya know what I mean...... ;D

7. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

No sweat there Paul, I actually mount quite a few birds right out in the open!

8. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

We use a few archie blanks from time to time....I have to say we have never had a customer complain. His saltwater is pretty darn good. Freshwater is ok if you use change out heads. If he got away from the foam filling that would help.

9. RDA

RDA Active Member

Thats it then,,,, im comin up there with my camera Jeff!! ;) :D the world needs to see that! And no prob Pual this thread is a bit hard to keep up with from the git go.... ;D

And Arron, I guess im just once bit and twice shy ;D But Ill take an arps new wave Ron Reynolds, Or Dave Cambells old company any day Wynia too!!!! Even Starfish has better imo.....

cmon pg 12!!!

10. Agh this thread is pointless

Almost as pointless as Finishing the backside of a wall mounted fish.

:D

And GO!!
    :D

11. RDA

RDA Active Member

WEEEEEECCCAAAAAANNNNDOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEETTTTT!!!!! ;D just another page and a quarter!!! ;) ;D

12. LOL

I mean sure if the customer wants to pay for the back of the fish then Yea Ill finish it.

I mean WHO looks at the back of the fish anyway??

;D

Iam Trying

lol

13. RDA

RDA Active Member

I swear Josh,, Ive showed no one the backside!!! ;) :D honest Injun!! ;D

But now, or course its different with a pedastal ;D ::) ::) ::) ;D

14. Oh sure Pedestal mounts, yes thats a different story entirely........

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

15. RDA

RDA Active Member

ONLY on tuesdays other wise they would be every where!!!! ;) We once had one in the meadowhood but decided it was a nar-do-well.... ;D

16. Are coconuts not allowed to migrate on the sabbath then?

Odd

The other day i swear we had a heard pass by and it was NOT on a tuesday.

Oh I got a good one.

I BUY ALL MY REPLICA BLANKS THROUGH GRAY"S TAXIDERMY! the price cant be beat???

17. Archie always told me..good things come to those who wait,,but only things left behind by those who hussel.. ;D ;D ;D.he is one heck of a business man,,RDA,,maybe we can get 16 pages...lol....

18. 16?!!!!

We are still stuck on 10!
    this is gunna take forever

YAY 11

I mean
    what an informative thread

19. Okay,,just information,,,hey josh ,,hows the little snapper coming?

20. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

How come no one on this forum can spell my first or last name right ? ::)