1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Two separate fish categories???

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by FishArt, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Almost finished.
    Finished up the fancy pants eyes I put in it for you. and am putting the head on the body tonight.

2. Its one of those things.
    So simple yet So confusing.

Like people wanting to make the K in my last name silent.
    lol

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'm coming in late again, but Jim Tucker's remark on Competition was quite well put.

I coached baseball for years and I stressed to those teams that homeruns can actually be rally killers even though everyone wants one. When a team is hitting singles and doubles, EVERYONE is in the game much like a game of chess. The defense is stressed trying to anticipate the next moves and the offense is alert not wanting to make that next out. Then comes a homerun and it's over. The defense has lost the battle but they only have to think about the next batter. The offense is spent and they have to start their climb all over - a rally killer.

Competitions are the same way. The most exciting and fun times are always in the day or days prior to the ribbons being placed on the pieces. Everyone is a winner and the comraderie is just palpable with smiles everywhere. But just let them open the competition door after the judging and see how hushed the crowd becomes and how many people seem to crawl into a shell because their piece didn't win. A rally killer.

So Jim, I totally agree with you. The competitions are only important because of the friendships formed and the lessons learned prior to the ribbons.

Aaron, I don't think I've ever tried to spell it, but if I did, I'm rather sure I got it right. Try George Roof sometime. You can't imagine how people can screw up that last name, EVEN AFTER I TELL THEM "Like the roof on a house."

4. My bad ,,I always just thought Nuth,,okay k -nuth..lol/

5. thats ok everyone does that. I really dont mind, I just find it amusing.
    We pronounce it Ka nooth

LOL

I got a call yesterday asking for Ja-hashua KaNunth
    I burst our laughing, felt bad as it was a customer. but we both had a good laugh about it.

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

well,,,,I heard,,,,,,,,,that theres some revolutionary eye for fish coming out soon!!!!!!! some company with black in the name.... :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) :D ;)

7. [​IMG]

NOOOOO! not again

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

And what about cui uoi??? ever have cui uoi :D

9. as in the fish?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RDA

RDA Active Member

That sacred fish of pyramid tribe.....oooooooooo be fearfull of the water babys!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

11. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Everyone plays down competition awards... until they get one!

12. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Can't argue with that.

Everyone plays up being a full time taxidermist until they try it.

13. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Cui uoi! yes I know of this fish! A few of the Fishheads Jeff Lumsden and Frank Kotula, Franks friends Terry, Pete Harum and I went fishing on the sacred lake none to many as the Pyramid. My Good friend and fishing Guild George took us to visit the Nature center on the reservation. I got to take place in the ritual offering of the Cui uoi! Very cool i have a standing offer from the Feds to do one in 2010 it only took 2 years of paper work to make this happen. LOL! All the work will be done there over a few trips. A mount them a mold will be made. It should be fun just got to make it to 2010.

Rick

14. Jeff Lumsden

Sounds like a great opportunity Rick, I will supply LS & fish eyes! way to go!

Cheers~

15. George

LMAO Jeff. How true, but there ARE actually some of us who never have those expectations to begin with. WE are the ones who see those changes in people whose egos just got bruised a bit.

16. Jeff Lumsden

what is so bad about ego bruising? Keeps us in reality. But if you don't try, you wont win, for sure. But if you do win something, you deserve a bit of indulgence!

Jeff

17. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

George, you should come in and take over for Ozzie Guillen for the Chi White Sox!!! (Don't know if you follow the Sox at all but they're purely one-dimensional - Home Run hitters with average defense and poor base running skills. But, they sure can pound that ball out often! But that doesn't win pennants!!!)

(Just tryin to do my part gettin those pages up! It's the least I can do)...

P.S. I too believe I've never spelled your name rong Errin - lol! (Seriously though)...

18. RDA

RDA Active Member

Why am I not suprised!!! Heap big magic among the tribe for ciu uoi Rick!!!! Sounds like a world show project!!!!!! ;D ;D

and PAGE 12 WOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOO ;D

19. George

But guys, after a guy doesn't ribbon, it's like telling him he has an ugly kid as well. Ruins a good party.

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

bUT WTH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE,,,, IT ONLY MAKES ONE HUNGIER FOR THE ACHIEVEMENT!!! ;) :D