1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Two separate fish categories???

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by FishArt, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

RDA- I can tell you have been there!

George- If you go for the learning experience and don't expect to RECEIVE, then what's the problem?

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I got plenty but I just do not care. Maybe because I approached taxidermy as a BUSINESS from the start. The only reason I picked it was that it COST ZERO $$$. Sure I had an interest, but it wasn't like i HAD to do it.

Ha ha. After 20 years as a board member in one capacity or other I have learned NOBODY enters to LEARN. They may SAY that's what it is about but it never is. Just hang a low ribbon on their piece and watch their SCOWLS and listen to the moaning. We pull that one one SOMEBODY every year.....it NEVER fails. They MAY learn despite themselves but they entered because they thought they would WIN.

3. Jeff Lumsden

"That's why I spend very little time on my competition pieces. I use them to gain knowledge...nothing more." previous quote by Jim, in this thread.

"George- If you go for the learning experience and don't expect to RECEIVE, then what's the problem", Jeff

"Ha ha. After 20 years as a board member in one capacity or other I have learned NOBODY enters to LEARN." Most recent quote from Jim.

Jim, What the helll are you trying to say???

4. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

It IS quite confusing eh? :D

Nobody BUT me!! :D :D

5. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

I obviously do not care if people mess it up---it's just an amusing observation. I don't think you or George have ever messed it up( just for the record).

I know what your saying George. It seems no one can write S- T - E - H ...no matter how many times you spell it. Those crazy Germans and there names lol.

6. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

I thought for sure there would be "16" pages by now.LOL

7. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Hey,I just took it to 12, way cool, now it's someone elses turn.

8. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

I have a question for both Jeffs ( we can get it to 16..)

Jeff S. --How many turkeys did you take in in 2008?

Jeff L--Do you make your eyes at your studio, or did you make the molds and does someone else manufacture them ? Would you call these the " contact lenses" of the fish world( they sure look like it ! )?

Carry on---

9. WOW Rick you lucky Dog!!!

Any chance the mold will be made public?? I would Love a chance to paint one of those buggers!

10. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Boy we are stretching for pages now with even bird questions in the fish cat.LOL. 62, these combined with everything else I take in(basically anything someone brings me) keep me VERY busy. Almost too much for me alone, but not really eough for another taxi. to help out wth. Maybe someday I'll be just turks alone and the I can play with the fishies like I want to and do some of the molding projects I have in mind. Seems like someday can't get here fast enough. Now it seems I will have some big changes coming in June of '09 and may have to put my "pet" projects on hold even longer. All in the name of progress I guess. Until then I'll keep cranking out the turks and the fish repros as quick as I can. There, I've tried to eat up some more space to grow this thread.

11. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Jeff- Thanks for your time making those eyes. Results are fantastic, the best on the market I think. Next fish I will use this product. ;)
    Your friend Ollie

12. hambone

hambone Member

Jeff on your liquid scales which of your golds would most closely match a walleye from lake Erie, this looked like as good a place as any to post this.

13. Jeff Lumsden

HB, I would need a picture for sure, but I would say that Burnished Gold is most intense and yellowish, Pure Gold is more like a 14K gold color.

Thanks Ollie, your work is so fine, you will paint some incredible eye's with them!

14. hambone

hambone Member

Jeff I don"t have a burnished gold in my WASCO catalog.

15. Jeff Lumsden

HB YES I know! Just a goof on my part... It didn't get in Van Dyke's catalog either, but trust me it is there! I know it's on WASCO's on line catalog.

16. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    vote one catagory! It's snowing here in WNY as always. Jeff i won't remove my post, 16 yet!!??