1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Look at this red fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by PercaFluviatilis, Dec 3, 2008.

1. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Why is he holdin its tail like that. Is he proud of nice white tip of tail? I have never seen fox acting like that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hmmmm thats differant!! :)

3. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

Seen them do that when the female is in estrus and also when they are alarmed

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

To me he looks like an agitated or alerted fox just dispensing scent. In europe the tail is referred to as a brush. Scent glands are located in and around the vent and tail base. Look at his posture relative to the camera. Im not there, but thats my read anyway.

5. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

That is not a real fox.. It is the latest invention by our Defense Dept. It is a recon drone designed to look like a fox. It can go deep into enemy territory without being detected. The tail up is actually an advanced satellite antenna....

6. mark1970

mark1970 If it looks good and its got a big rack,mount it!

I know this doesnt concern what that fox is boing but..... Have any of you ever had a fox smell where you have walked and poop on it and run the other way? I had heard this and actually witnessed it last year. Very funny.

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    The first image looks to me like it's doing what any dog would do after they pee ... and that is, kicking its hind feet out behind it after the deed is done. Dogs generally raise their tails in this way as well, while taking this action. The tail remaining raised in the following images appears to be nothing much more than it's trotting off after it finished, and its tail is still elevated.

Or ... it's a vixen! A female, and that's the foxy equivalent of a woman crooking her finger for the guy to "Come up and see me!" ;) ;D

John.

8. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Sorry to hear that, because my friend shot your Defence depts latest invention a moment after photo was taken. So you spy-fox is in my freezer now ;). It´s not easy to spy finns

9. I never saw a FOX with a TAIL that large !.....all reasons sound Accurate to me, donno, but It sure ain't gonna do it again now , unless it gets MOUNTED they way ?

Was it a male or female ? It looks like a female to me !

10. LOL!

11. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

the northern foxes get quite fluffy. You should have a look at the immense roedeer and raven they have over there! WOW!

12. to meany hot pepers? maybe !! looks doctored photo to me mark c