1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Georgia Taxidermy burns to the

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Bubbas, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ground. Just wanted to let everyone know that a local taxiermist here has lost his shop. Billy Grimes of Beaverdam Creek Taxidermy in Dewy Rose, GA lost his shop to fire this week and he is at the burn center here with 2nd and 4th degree burns. I talked with his mother-in-law today and he will be at the burn center for awhile.

By the way the way the fire started should give all of us a heads up on how we are doing things. Billy was working with colemans fuel and it spilled on him and he was at the heater and he caught fire. So lets all be alittle more careful!!

Please keep Billy in your prayers he is married and has two young children.

Kim Collins
    Bubba's Taxidermy

2. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Wish him well.

I burned myself when i was younger and it was the absolute worst pain i have ever been in. Even worse is that he lost his shop on top of it all.

3. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

He and his family will be in my prayers.

4. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Coleman fuel is VERY dangerous...........................Sorry to hear about the fire.........Report it to terf and ER4Taxi relief.

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

I wish him all the best. Thoughts and prayers will go out to him and his family.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Wish him our best.

Kim, if they start up a medical fund please post it here so we can all help the family out.

7. clewis

clewis New Member

Is this something that ER4Taxidermists can help with? Insurance these days is never enough

8. Somebody needs to have the er4taxidermists Mail out & POST an address & a write up on this organization, so MORE of us can join it !
    Is the NTA part of this organization, or can it help spread the word of it in their newslatters ? Or did I overlook it ?

Thanks

9. OK, I finally got smart & done a search on her e & found the er4 taxidermists is a Southern ( texas ) group that

was & IS raising donations for the people in need ( wherever ) I guess who have LOSSES , due to disasters !

So, what a disaster, or need is : ? I donno, for sure, but I do know there iS NOT enough funds there for what is Needed , BUT it is better tahn nothing !

I think each state association needs it's own er4taxidermists ? I need to ask the NTA, to, what they for this need ?

I, for one, don't pay enough attention to these things til I HEAR of someone who has a bad LUCK streak .

We cannot help everyone fully, but must try . This site will help !

10. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Kim if you would post or PM me some contact info for Mr. Grimes so I can see what TERF can do to help him out. (OR) At least pass my phone number on to his wife (since he is in the burn center) and have her to call me. (336)653-4983

Larry,
    I'm glad to see your desire to get involved. The NTA does have an Emergency Relief Program called TERF. We would appreciate any and all help you or anyone else is welling to give! We can always use donations and they can be made at the following link: http://www.taxidermistrelieffund.com/ or you can call the NTA Office.

Thanks, Eddie Johnson
    TERF Committee Member

11. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Donation sent EJ. Thanks for the info Bubbas.

12. I do not want to hijack this post but I do see that a few things need to be clarified.

The ER4Taxidermist fund is in the process of becoming a 501c3 non profit org. This process takes time we wanted this fund to stand on it's own two feet so the decision was to do everything legal, and until this is all done the funds that we do have are on hold. Yesterday the donation to Nina came out of my pocket in the name of the ER fund and I will be sending something to Georgia the same way to help out.

The ER4Taxidermist fund is not part of the NTA or the UTA although the UTA board did make a donation to the fund in the beginning also the ER fund will help out any Taxidermist in their time of need for any amount that seems feasible we are not setting a maximum to any donation we will use all available funds as needed.

At this time until all the paper work is in order we will not be doing any fund raisers or excepting any donations but as soon as we are all legal we will sure be asking for help.

If you have any questions give me a call and no this is not based in Texas but in Arizona.

Steve Favour
    928-526-0456

13. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Steve, you are an incredibly generous man in whom the industry owes a sincere debt of gratitude for. You will always have mine.
    Respectfully, John Janelli

14. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

When auctions start let me know I would like to help! Thanks to Steve and John for coming to the aid of our fellow dermist!!!!!!

15. Thank you to everyone. I will post the information I have and will pass along Eddie and Steve's information to the family:

Family:
    Billy and Renee Grimes
    2103 Pulliam Mill Rd
    Dewy Rose,GA 30634
    706-283-1368

Also Bart York ( The Fleshing Shop ) is helping the family and will have the most updated information about Billy and his needs. I will be picking up capes from him today and pass along the information to him also.

Bart York
    706-491-4520

I will also post any news I get from Bart today.

Thank you for all the prayers. I plan on printing them all and sending them to his family. I know it will help him and his family knowing that others out there are thinking about them. And the love that is out there from others in the same line of work.

Kim

16. I went to see Billy at Doctors Hospital Monday . He was doing good and hoped to come home for a second time Tuesday.He is left handed and he could not answer as to why his right hand was burned and not his left.His left leg will need some skin grafts.He said he had some pig skin.I told him if I needed a football I would be looking for him .His spirits seemed good.I doubt he will ever want to use camping fuel inside a building again .His lacquer paints were on a set of shelves and then ignited also .I would encourage all to buy an explosion proof storage locker for all flamables . I have one.Piedmont Community College use to have several of them when they had the taxidermy program there . They are rather expensive but not as much as a building with contents.