1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Jeff Lumsden EYES!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

I know there has been a string or two on eyes and I don’t want to bore any one however I just want to share some thing I truly believe is so important tot the over all appearance to your fish work. EYES!

Jeff Lumsden has really come up with a cool tool that lets you really make your work that much more custom! I wanted to share some cool close up shots of some eyes I teach with at Anglers Artistry with our workshop participants. The Anglers Artistry family members are learning pretty darn fast how easy they are to use and how incredibly versatile they are. Mr. Martin Green was a recent student for a 30 day workshop and Martin is from Australia. Martin completes several fish that we needed to make for including a Giant Trevally and a Barramundi both of these fish have very unique eyes and need to be totally custom to the process. I also include a Dorado eye and A Maco shark eye to share with you how cool these are truly can be if you take a few minute to learn to work them!

Any Questions you sure can drop me a line or give a call!

My Best!
    Rick Krane

Dorado eye

[​IMG]

Pre Set

[​IMG]

Barramundi eye Reflective reddish pupil

[​IMG]

Maco Shark pre set

[​IMG]

Set Maco

[​IMG]

Giant Trevally Eye

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
    Office: 603-336-7296
    Web: www.anglersartistry.com

2. Iam in the process of trying them ,,after seeing some of the work with them,,its something I wanted to try..just procrastinating ;D

3. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL work Martin! Congrat's

Jeff~

4. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Darn Jeff, I can't wait to try them. The bar keeps gettin raised my friends.

5. ......Iam glad to see Iam not the only one procraterating..Our show is in march,,they should be something the judges here have never seen,,lol,

6. Beautiful!!! I gotta get some to try for myself.

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I think once I get myself back up and running and in better Im gonna go visit my buddy Rick and do me a fish! Im using Jeffs eyes too. I just wish I could take PICTURES like these!!!! WOW!

8. Rick Krane

It is so easy to work with them just a bit of practice and your off! Bill Yox!!!!!! You are always welcome my friend! You know that! Kathie would love to meet you she has already heard to much about you! My brother from Brockport!

Rick

9. mayhem15

mayhem15 New Member

Nice work! Jeff's eyes are great! Just what I've been looking for. I will probably never go back to the regular glass eyes again! If you haven't tried them yet, pick up a few pairs.

One thing Jeff; you got to make a 20mm and 22mm for those larger fish!

10. UFD

UFD New Member

I certainly agree with everyone's assessment about the Still Life Lenses, and I would dare to go so far as to say that they are one of the most groundbreaking fish taxidermy products in the last decade (or two)...

11. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I love em, can't buy enough of them.

12. Rick Krane

I just got done last week painting some Muskie eyes for a friends new fish. He gave me the photo of the fish eye he liked it to look like and this is what I came up with using Jeff's new Still life eyes! 3 minutes and your done!

My Best!

Rick
    [​IMG]

13. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

somewhere on here there was a little snip-it that showed how to paint them. Can't find it, anyone know where it is? Love the eyes.

14. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

I have sat here for 5 minutes just looking at these Musky eyes you have painted Rick! I don't know what to say except, they are REAL! There is nothing to compair them to but live ones!!!

What a beautiful thing to see! Rock on, my friend!

Jeff

Natural, go to WASCO's home page and click on "Whats New" (top left) and scroll down to my fish eyes and click on "more information", and you will find the pictorial you are asking about. It's also included with each purchase from WASCO!

15. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

thanks Jeff, there

16. Here are a few more of Jeff's lenses I just finished up. (Fish however are unfinished)
    Im getting used to my replacement camer, so the images may be a bit grainy.

A Male Sea run brook trout, this fish will be nearly silver when finished with a faint bronze hue and light rose belly. It is a replica of a large male I got casting the surf in lake michigan.

[​IMG]

Next is a Stream run Brook trout, this fish will be very dark with brighter colors. You can see my odd painting style, the first few layers are in blues and whites, then I add yellows and reds.

[​IMG]

And last is a male west slope cutthroat trout.

[​IMG]

These lenses are UNREAL!!!!! they hit light beautifully and hold paint better then glass. This is a treat for us who use acrylics or waterbased paints and dont use an airbrush.
    I am able to get species specific pupil shapes FINALLY!!!
    Way to go Jeff!!!!!!!! you jumped fish into the next level!!!! AGAIN!
    Thanks!

~Josh

17. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Awsome as usual Josh!!!

18. Here is a Northern Pike eye i just finished up.
    I will shape and narrow the eye shape a tad when i set it in the fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fun Fun Fun!!

19. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

WOW! That's gotta be the best color match I've ever seen on an eye.
    Great Job Josh!

20. DanB

DanB New Member

NICE EYE JOSH!!