1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Problems using Krowtann

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by 1hunter7, Dec 6, 2008.

1. 1hunter7

1hunter7 New Member

I used Krowtann to tan a raccoon and followed the directions exactly. Everything worked great, except the hair is slipping on the one leg. This is the second raccoon I have had this happen with and both times the legs were the only places the hair slipped. I've read numerous posts and cannot figure out what is wrong that it is only happening on the legs. I know the entire hide was submerged and again followed the directions exactly. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

2. Where the legs split? or tubed? If tubed, they need to be inverted so the flesh side is facing out.If not they can get a airlock or bubble inside the leg that will prevent the chemicals from contacting the skin and cause slippage.Same thing can happen with tails if they are not split unless you take alot of extra attention to make sure the chemicals can contact the skin.

3. paul e

paul e New Member

call Ozark and ask them
    i can tell you its not the tan

4. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Were the coons trapped with a leg hold trap? Sometimes the accumulation of blood in an area can result in spoilage before other body parts are affected. I've seen it quite often with road killed specimens.