1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rick Carter's Video

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Marc A, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Marc A

Marc A Beaver Creek Taxidermy

I am not a beginner, but you are never too old to learn a thing or two; and let me tell you that is the most thorough, and complete deer mounting videos that I have ever seen. For those beginners out there, this video will answer most if not all of your question. Wish I had seen it 20 years ago ! (And I did pick up a thing or two) Great job Rick and Ken !

2. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I bought it too, and although most of his techniques are ones I use now, I also picked up a couple new ideas. Especially with the skinning and form prep. It is money WELL spent...time to sell my Sally tape!!!

3. brelo

brelo Winchester

I have been trying to find a used one for sale for a long time and I still havent been able to get one yet!

4. richjb01

richjb01 New Member

IL
    I haven't even started yet, but I did order Rick Carter's dvds and I can't wait to get them. Being a complete novice, I had no idea what videos to get, but thanks to everyone on here, I am sure that this is one dvd that I will be watching over and over and............... It is great that all of you recommend the things that will help all of us beginners. Thanks to you all.

Rich

5. Lenny

Lenny New Member

brelo, your probably going to have to buy a new one. It is the best for shoulder mounting a deer bar all.

6. John L

John L Active Member

As good as the set is you will probably never find a used one unless someone is just quitting. I pick up something everytime I watch it.

7. erinl78

erinl78 New Member

You can't beat 4 hours of instructions for $30!! Mine came in the mail last week. I haven't had a chance to watch it.

8. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Excellent DVD!!!!

9. jennifermilly

jennifermilly New Member

cool DVD i must take it. I pick up something every time I watch it.

10. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Fantastic for sure... Money well spent. After several years of mounting deer, there were several tips in the video that i picked up that more then payed for the small cost of a video of this caliber.

11. mathewstax

mathewstax Don Enrique Ranch

I've got to say that you should go ahead and invest in this DVD, I have bought four different DVD on WT shoulder mounts and this one is by far the best. I have now watched it roughly a dozen times.

12. Sagecreek

Sagecreek New Member

Where can you find his DVD. Thanks Mel

13. Jason O

Jason O New Member

Wi
    i will sell u mine
    100$

14. Jake of cousins outdoors

Jake of cousins outdoors Shoot like you're hungry!

Mel, From WASCO Top right hand corner of this page. And it is an exeptional DVD.

15. Rick Carter's DVDs are must have.

i watched 6-7 times every time i pick up some thing.Don't forget Wild Boar Shoulder Mount: A to Z DVD that is a great one too.
    For livesize Bobcat Mounting A to Z with Jan Van Hoesen is a great DVD.

16. heet

heet New Member

I JUST ORDERED MINE AT WASCO AND THE LADY WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WAS UP WITH THIS VIDEO SHE SAID THE PHONE HAS BEEN RINGING OFF THE HOOK FOR IT.

17. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Did you YELL AT HER WHEN YOU ORDERED IT?

18. BigBore

BigBore New Member

He probably did. People that served is customary to yelling. Hell I yell all the time can't get that part out of me. I can bet that he still eats fast too cause I do....LOL