1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lets see your yotes!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by ShedEgo, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Well...Ive been looking in the forums and see TONS of people who posted about how they are going to "mount their first coyote"...But havent seen many complete mounts.
    Im also going to be doing one soon and it would be nice to see different poses, bases, etc... for ideas.

Also a way to show of those great mounts!
    So lets see some pics ;D
  2. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Not my first but its an idea for a pose.

3. Here are a few!! Josh

The second one was for wholesale so no base!! Also no finnish work done on the second one!
  4. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

5. This is my first and only coyote so far. Took it to competition my first year and pulled a 3rd place. My ears were off, I over filled my feet but dang this yote had some fur. Also it was purchased by Cabela's - I haven't no clue where they are putting it.

6. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Nice yotes BillfromPA
  7. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

here's the only two I've done...
    the first one sitting was my first, buggy eyed and all, and a nightmare form to mount on.
    Second one is just a pedestal, the eyes are still off a little, but I believe the form wasn't exactly right.
  8. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Bobbi - good to know..I was thinking about doing the sitting pose, but also dont want something difficult for my first.

~ They all look great,

Red wolf, can I ask how you got the jumping yote to stay like that..attached to the post in the background?
    Sorry, Im new to all of this :)

Josh - did you build that base? looks awesome
  9. Yea I made it!! Josh
  10. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Just awesome.
  11. not firsts but more ideas.

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

There are threaded rods running down the back legs and going into the base and I also have it attached to the fence post behind it.
  13. Here is the latest one. Bad pics, I know ;) The base is a snow scene with a coyote skull in the snow.
  14. Here is one from about a year ago. Done a few lifesize, but dont have any pictures right now.
  15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I literally JUST finished this one this morning.
    I ABSOLUTELY hated working with this flexamove form.
  16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Bill from PA, good job on the song dogs, and I really like the base on the L/S dog, looks fantastic!!!

My very first coyote mounted nearly 10 years ago: (I know its bad, LMAO)

One I finished this year for a client:

Still one of my favorite mounts:
  17. WOW those mounts are awesome everyone. How much harder is it to do an open mouth. I am also going to try my first yote and would love to do it open mouth but I'm not sure if it's a good first yote to do.
  18. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I like doing open mouth. They look harder than what they are ;).
    Jump in and give it a try.
  19. KellysWildlife

KellysWildlife New Member

Here is one I did recently.
  20. bioman674

bioman674 New Member

where'd you get the mousing form? I have been looking and can't seem to find one I like. I do like that pose. I know I could just alter a form, but I would rather not if I don't have to.