1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Offical Challenge Issue Thread (New Challenges Here)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jeremy, Dec 17, 2008.

1. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

do we get to see pictures today? Haven't waited long enough???
    J~

2. RDA

RDA Active Member

wheres the CHALLENGE BOIDS WE NEED TO SEE CHALLENGE BOIDS!!! ;D (Just not mine)!! :D

and Ryan, got any extra tweetie specimans?? :D

3. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

LOL Ron.
    I'm wishing I would've wussed out now. Mine may cause the end of the challenges because everyone will be blinded by the ugliness.

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

Ol Jeremy really picked a pose didnt he!! ::) :p ;D ;D even though mine is a turd,, it did make for some interesting work!! :D Im sure yours will be better than mine Becky!!

5. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Oh I doubt that. It looked waaaay better before the pics. I didn't realize how different you see things in pics, I need to take pics of everything while it's still wet so I can correct the mistakes. Too late for that pile of feathers, LOL. But I tried anyway.

Hey Ryan, I'd like a tweetie specimen too ;)

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

TICK-TOCK TICK-TOCK TICK-TOCK...... ;D ;D

7. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Pheasant Challenge : 1. Jordon 4. Mark11 7. RussWild 10. Stuffer2 13.Tim McLagan
    2. Steve P 5. Becky P 8. Gary H 11. wdartistry 14. RDA
    3. Jeremy 6. Jim Kimball 9.NDN(Perry)12. wa

Well folks here is the deal, I only have pictures from 3 other contestants...4 including mine. I still have heard nothing from 4 contestants.I have been in contact with folks by PMs throughout the process and I have PM these 4 right now for one last rally to see if they have there bird done, Im giving them a few hours to respond or they will be disquailified. I have had 6 people drop out to date and some have expressed there apology and willingness to still pay the 10.00 entry fee for the charity which I belive is still top notch in my book.
    So lets wait a LITTLE longer....I did have one of these folks say they had a bird mounted but needed to finish it but that was a 1.5 weeks ago and havent hear from them since.

8. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

COME ON!!! I've set aside the whole day to set the eyes in my WTC piece.. I need some encouragement.

9. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

Youre in luck Ron i have one left
    ill cut back on the price some.....hmm it's yours for a mere 3,600.99
    ill take a check, send me your address

10. RDA

RDA Active Member

check isinda mail.... :D

11. RDA

RDA Active Member

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK NO PRESSURE TICKK TOCK..... ;D ;D ;D

12. jeremy

Well alright then.... you have all been patient and I have given them plenty of time.... :-\ :-\ :-\ ??? Soooooooo stand by this will take a few minutes to get put up.

13. jeremy

Mallard Challenge : 1. txoutdoors 5. Anna 9. Jim B (old boar)
    2. Jeremy 6. Scott O 10. Evan (1.4.TW)
    3. Becky P 7. Stuffer2 11. Steve (drakeman)
    4. Steve P 8. wdartistry 12. Alexm

Alrighty, since weve got the pheasant challenge underway its time to refocus on the Mallard challnege. Details of challenge are on pg 6 of this thread. I would like to here from each of you weather you are going to participate or not sooner then later, so im not suprised a day or two out. Weve only got 21 days left so better get him mounted if you havent. He needs to be done on the 25th of April

here is the picture again

[​IMG]

14. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Jeremy, I am in on the mallard! ;D :eek:

15. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

You can still count me in on the mallard.

16. jeremy

Mallard Challenge : 1. txoutdoors 5. Anna 9. Jim B (old boar)
    2. Jeremy 6. Scott O 10. Evan (1.4.TW)
    3. Becky P 7. Stuffer2 11. Steve (drakeman)
    4. Steve P 8. wdartistry 12. Alexm

12 days left

Just got mine done today... :-\ ::) If yours is done shoot me your pictures, I have pictures so far from Dan (txoutdoors)...anyone else?

17. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

I better write a note :-\ :-\

18. jeremy

NEW QUAIL CHALLENGE

Hey folks, I thought it was time to get another challenge going since were about to wrap up the Mallard and the snake challenge we got going over on the reptile site is gonna be a while out. I wanted to try something a bit different this time and see what kind of response I get. Instead of a specific pose and a specific species type I'm gonna open it up to say ANY quail breed and in any standing, sitting or resting pose. Instead of being specifically judged on the reference picture the overall piece will be judged by the viewer for overall content and quality. My thoughts are this...even though the specific pose and bird is fun and a great way to discipline your self...sometimes it tends to not allow as many folks to participate due to not having access to the species or they may not have need or desire of the pose. Be rest assure we will do more of the specific species and poses in the future but I want to try this and see what response is given. I will open this up for 2 weeks for sign up so it will close on the Tues the 28th.
    There will be a 10.00 entry fee and the charity will be the Catch a Dream Foundation. Here is a link to there web site http://catchadream.org/ they are a non profit Org that I recently found out about through Rick Kranes request for help that he has on the Taxidermy Industry categories at the top of the page. In a nut shell its a organization that helps ill children experience the outdoors through hunting and fishing, it struck me as a very neat charity and I would love to see us be able to give to it.
    I will give you 2 months to complete your quail when I close down the entry (2 weeks away) and like the pheasant challenge you will send in your pictures to me and I will post them up anonymously with a letter designation for the vote that will last 4 days. I will need 4 pictures of front, back and both sides. IF YOU SIGN UP and dont complete your bird....YOU WILL STILL NEED TO DONATE YOUR 10.00. I think its fair and its for a wonderful cause. So who is in? 10.00 for a great cause, a chance to compete for fun or get a customer mount done or even a show piece done. I would love to see this be our biggest challenge yet. If you dont have a quail they are relativly cheap birds to purchase...usually around 15-20$ not to bad.

19. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

I think I might regret this :-\, especially since my experience has been limited to ducks and geese, but I am in.

20. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

I think it should be a specific bird. The only reason is because IMO a Gamble, Scale or a Mearns Quail is a lot prettier than a Bobwhite.