1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Offical Challenge Issue Thread (New Challenges Here)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jeremy, Dec 17, 2008.

1. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

Any breed of quail you say? Hmmm, one of my pet quail just died (she is very unique), and I was recently gifted a domestic bobwhite....I like the sound of the quail challenge already!

2. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Well good it looks like we have another shaping up,

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Becky

Anyone else?

3. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Go BeckyBird!

I can't do this one unless the quail is supposed to look dead. About the only quail I do, go in bobcat mouths, so if they look bad, they are supposed too, LOL. Have fun yall, I'll just watch this one ;) I have to prepare myself for the snake challenge anyway.

4. jeremy

Anyone else? This challenge has fallen off the radar

5. Ok. I've never mounted a quail before but there is always a first for everything. Count me in. Jeff.

6. jeremy

Great Jeff, welcome aboard. This is for a great charity and ought to be fun. id like to see a few more sign up before the 28th, here is how we stack up so far

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff

7. wingman

wingman Active Member

Ok Jeremy I'm game I have a pair of quiail to do for myself anyway and this will "make'' me get them completed :)

8. Well, I can't sit on the side lines forever...count me in Jeremy!

9. jeremy

Saaaaaweeeeeeet.... good deal fellas. Im excited to see us do this challenge and raise some money for the Catch a dream foundation. Plus im excited to see your creativity flow on this specfic challenge without the constraints of a specfic species or pose. Its gonna be good...I JUST KNOW IT.... ;) Here is how we satck up so far, its shaping up to be a good one folks

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater

10. jeremy

Mallard challenge in 6 days, Folks

I have only recieved pictures from one contestant. Anyone else have pictures ready? I will need them before the 25th or at the latest the morn of the 25th...anyone..anyone

11. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Jeremy, I'm in on the quail also, or at least I'll make a donation to a great cause. Actually, I think I will get these done in plenty of time.

The bird has to be dry before the pictures are taken, RIGHT? :)

12. jeremy

Right on Steve.... I got you down

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater
    7 SteveP

13. Count me in on this one, I have lots of Quail to do....

14. jeremy

3 THREE DAYS LEFT TO GET ME YOUR PICTURES

No later then high noon SAT the 25th.

Mallard Challenge : 1. txoutdoors 5. Anna 9. Jim B (old boar)
    2. Jeremy 6. Scott O 10. Evan (1.4.TW)
    3. Becky P 7. Stuffer2 11. Steve (drakeman)
    4. Steve P 8. wdartistry 12. Alexm

I only have pictures from txoutdoors so far, Ive just heard from Scott O and wdartistry is unable to participate. That means I need to hear form Jim, Evan, Steve P, Drakeman, Alexm, Stuffer2, Anna and Becky P..... REAL SOON! Come on folks lets at least have 1/2 of us follow through... :-\

15. jeremy

Sweet... got you down Tim

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater
    7 SteveP
    8 Tim McLagan

16. ... I am screwed with the mallard... I skinned one out a while ago and dont have a head. Didnt notice the feet had been shot and one foot had no toes. The only artifical feet I can find in my stuff is bufflehead and woodduck, too small.... and the biggest head I have is a pintail.

I do have a fresh valley quail, so I can try to do that one. Unless I come across another mallard in the next day or so, I am out. BUT, since I commited to it, I am still willing to pay my entry fee... just tell me where to send it.

17. jeremy

Anna you should have hollard ??? ???, i have heads and feet. If i sent them tommorrow I doubt they would get there, but let me know and i will priority mail them out to you in the Morning. Need to know ASAP

18. Becky P

Taking pics today.

19. Man, I just found this out....
    I took it out of the freezer (the skin) yesterday afternoon, figured I could squeeze the mounting in on time. But I skinned it a month ago when I was in the middle of working two jobs and prepping for my state show. Must of had a brain fart, didnt notice the feet at the time and just put them in the bag with the skin. The head, I could of swore I had one! Threw the real one into the beetle tank and didnt try to cast it. I am just a tard..... ;)

Not sure if I will have the time now. Thanks for the offer. was trying to arrange to go to Ron's place this weekend,... I can cheat and have him help me mount the mallard for the challange..... ::) :p ;D ;D ;D

20. Becky P

HAHAHA, I think that there is one of those "cash only" classes, so ya better take lot's of cash with ya.