1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Offical Challenge Issue Thread (New Challenges Here)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jeremy, Dec 17, 2008.

1. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Ron doesn't care about competition peices done with "instructor" assistance. I am sure he wouldn't mind at all. ( he he he .....as he trys to throw gas on the fire)

2. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

In that case scratch the offer on the Mallard feet, ill send you some goose feet and we will really see how good ole Ronnie is

3. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Yeah, yeah... and a spoonie head too! :D

4. jeremy

LAST NOTICE, NEED THEM BY NOON PACIFIC TIME ON 4/25/

Dont want to nag but it is what it is..... I have pictures from Dan ( txoutdoors ), Beckyp, Stuffer2000.... Ive been in touch with Scott so were good. Anna, wdartistry, Drakeman are unable.... which leaves SteveP, Jim B, Evan, & Alex that I need to hear from. i want you all to have plenty of warning so we dont have a compleated mallard that does not make to me in time like we had on the pheasant challenge. Pms have been sent

5. jeremy

NEW QUAIL CHALLENGE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You still have a couple of days to get in on this challenge, closes on Tues. Remeber though if you sign up and do not get to your quail, you will still need to send in your 10.00 entry fee to the charity listed below.

Hey folks, I thought it was time to get another challenge going since were about to wrap up the Mallard and the snake challenge we got going over on the reptile site is gonna be a while out. I wanted to try something a bit different this time and see what kind of response I get. Instead of a specific pose and a specific species type I'm gonna open it up to say ANY quail breed and in any standing, sitting or resting pose. Instead of being specifically judged on the reference picture the overall piece will be judged by the viewer for overall content and quality. My thoughts are this...even though the specific pose and bird is fun and a great way to discipline your self...sometimes it tends to not allow as many folks to participate due to not having access to the species or they may not have need or desire of the pose. Be rest assure we will do more of the specific species and poses in the future but I want to try this and see what response is given. I will open this up for 2 weeks for sign up so it will close on the Tues the 28th.
    There will be a 10.00 entry fee and the charity will be the Catch a Dream Foundation. Here is a link to there web site http://catchadream.org/ they are a non profit Org that I recently found out about through Rick Kranes request for help that he has on the Taxidermy Industry categories at the top of the page. In a nut shell its a organization that helps ill children experience the outdoors through hunting and fishing, it struck me as a very neat charity and I would love to see us be able to give to it.
    I will give you 2 months to complete your quail when I close down the entry (2 weeks away) and like the pheasant challenge you will send in your pictures to me and I will post them up anonymously with a letter designation for the vote that will last 4 days. I will need 4 pictures of front, back and both sides. IF YOU SIGN UP and dont complete your bird....YOU WILL STILL NEED TO DONATE YOUR 10.00. I think its fair and its for a wonderful cause. So who is in? 10.00 for a great cause, a chance to compete for fun or get a customer mount done or even a show piece done. I would love to see this be our biggest challenge yet. If you dont have a quail they are relativly cheap birds to purchase...usually around 15-20$ not to bad.

Here is the line up so far

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater
    7 SteveP
    8 Tim McLagan

6. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Heck Ill do it

7. jeremy

Welcome aboard....

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater
    7 SteveP
    8 Tim McLagan
    9 Hoss

8. jeremy

Closes tommorrow evening, anyone else want in?

9. jeremy

I guess were ready to close this challenge and get her going, So you have 2 months from now to complete your quail piece. Instead of a specific pose and a specific species type I'm gonna open it up to say ANY quail breed and in any standing, sitting, flying or resting pose. Instead of being specifically judged on the reference picture the overall piece will be judged by the viewer for overall content and quality. My thoughts are this...even though the specific pose and bird is fun and a great way to discipline your self...sometimes it tends to not allow as many folks to participate due to not having access to the species or they may not have need or desire of the pose. Be rest assure we will do more of the specific species and poses in the future but I want to try this and see what response is given. I will open this up for 2 weeks for sign up so it will close on the Tues the 28th.
    There will be a 10.00 entry fee and the charity will be the Catch a Dream Foundation. Here is a link to there web site http://catchadream.org/ they are a non profit Org that I recently found out about through Rick Kranes request for help that he has on the Taxidermy Industry categories at the top of the page. In a nut shell its a organization that helps ill children experience the outdoors through hunting and fishing, it struck me as a very neat charity and I would love to see us be able to give to it.

Here is the offical line up,

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater
    7 SteveP
    8 Tim McLagan
    9 Hoss

Like the last couple of challenges you will send in your pictures to me and I will post them up anonymously with a letter designation for the vote that will last 4 days. I will need 4 pictures of front, back and both sides. IF YOU SIGN UP and dont complete your bird....YOU WILL STILL NEED TO DONATE YOUR 10.00. I think its fair and its for a wonderful cause. So who is in? 10.00 for a great cause, a chance to compete for fun or get a customer mount done or even a show piece done. Ill be intouch with you throughout the challenge to warn and reming you of compleation date. If you have concerns or changes of how this one is to be played out lets hear it, im open to your ideas for a couple of days to change it up a bit. Lets have fun and raise some money for a good cause.

10. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

I'm really looking forward to this challenge! It is giving me a good reason to work on something for myself. I can't remember the last time I did a mount just for me...it has probably been 2 years or so. Thanks for starting up this quail challenge, I needed it :D

11. I'm in and I promise I'll finish the bird this time we're buying some quail for dog training in a couple of weeks.

12. jeremy

Okay Jordan, I added you in

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater
    7 SteveP
    8 Tim McLagan
    9 Hoss
    10.Jordon

13. jeremy

Hey ya all, how we doing on this challange. Still have a little over a month to get your quail/quails finished. Thought I better remind everyone.

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater
    7 SteveP
    8 Tim McLagan
    9 Hoss
    10.Jordon

14. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

I am waiting for the quail to come in....lol (procrastinating)

15. jeremy

Quail Challenge Folks Alright folks, were coming down to the wire here. I will need your pictures by NO LATER than noon 1200 hrs on Sat 7/4. If you miss the dead line or didnt get the quail mounted you will still need to pay 10.00 that goes towards the Catch A Dream foundation as agreed upon when challenge was issued. I have some folks pictures already but if you got them lets have them. Either PM them to me or Email me at [email protected] Thanks....... oh and dont feel bad I still havnt built my base..... :-[

16. jeremy

WARNING I need to hear from 4 more of you folks by 1200 noon Pacific time.

1 Jeremy
    2 Dan (txoutdoors)
    3 Beckybird
    4 Jeff
    5 Eugene ( Wingman )
    6 Atwater
    7 SteveP
    8 Tim McLagan
    9 Hoss
    10.Jordon

17. jeremy

Okay were here, this is gonna take a bit to do, so bear with me. Ive been called in to the FD for the 4th so if you dont see the challenge posted with in a timely manner its probably cause Ive been called out....so bear with me.