1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

attn FISHEADS!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by RDA, Dec 17, 2008.

1. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

I just wanted to thank YOU ALL for the lessons Ive learned from this section over the last year....Ive always wanted to be a fish guy- but had stagnated in old school ways....By simply reading what you guys put ou on here, my fish have taken on a new look and a renewed energy to improve has been the result! looking at the wonderfull fish posted here has made me hungry to push forward... TANKU!!!! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS! ;)

2. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

PICTURES ::) ::)

3. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

HOWS THIS ONE ;D ;D ;D

[​IMG]

4. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

God that hurt ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

thats what my camera said too!!! ;D ;D

6. dougp

dougp Active Member

:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the chuckle......

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU GUYS TOO!!

7. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    I would like to ditto the remark by RDA and thank you all for the inspiration as well !!! After 37 yrs in the biz as a full time taxid. I found all my fish looking the same till dropping in on this site nearly a year ago. I have seen a marked improvement in my quality (so have my customers)and enjoyment of this facet of our art. Thanks to all who share and contribute a part of themselves. Happy Holidays and God Bless !!
    Regards,
    Jonathan

8. I"d have to agree with you RDA...but what's with the hat? Ain't it warm in Nevada? Geez, it's like 2 degrees here (windchill 5 below), my sons snow fort is 6 feet tall and another major snowstorm is looming......... yet we STILL don't wear stocking hats in the studio....hehe!

9. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

;D well,,, it was zero here this am and 17 for a high soooo i was ccccooolld!!!! ;D

10. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

RDA, I got the AC going and it is 76 outside......hmmmm think I will walk outside (in my short sleeves) and enjoy the sunshine!!! :D

11. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

awwwwwmmmaaannnn ;) ;D ;D ;D

12. hehe

speak for yourself wiseguy.
    ;D ;D

[​IMG]

I know I know Shave and clean your studio, Ya ya ya Iam on it.

LOL

? More snow Marc ? WHY!!!!! :-\

This site is Great though.
    It really makes you work a little bit harder seeing all the cool fish on here.

POST SOME PICS!!! RDA!
    fish ones this time

lol

13. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

maybe we sould just re name this thread MUG SHOTS PLEASE!!! ;D ;D nICE HAT JOSH!!! ;)

14. Not a bad Idea.
    Taxidermists mugshots. lol

yea I like that hat, although normally I wear the flaps sticking straight out like wings. I look like the flying nun. HAHAHA
    Drives my wife NUTS! when we go out in public and I wear it like that I find she always stays several paces ahead or behind me, ready to duck out of the way if she sees someone she knows.
    lol

15. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

I will not blighten anyone's day with a mug shot...

To the Auburn fan: Enjoy your heat... and you can keep it. That's one part of Kansas I don't miss at all. I'm all for more snow. And up here the kids aren't even held inside for recess until it drops below -20.

Here was my morning commute one morning two weeks ago and my daughter on the after school ride home on a day that week.

16. Terry

OK... I lied. I just saw Josh's hat comments. The secret is to live someplace where the hat's not, in the words of Marty Feldman, "Abby Normal"...

Here's my hat for cold weather, plus a photo of the hat before it actually became a hat.

17. Josh, You KNOW if I was to tell you to clean your studio, that would be the pot calling the kettle black but yeah, break out the twin blade soon cuz yer look'n scruffy dude!!!!!!
    Terry, great photos but, how do you carry the groceries home on that thing? Doesn't the milk freeze?

18. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    ..............spent 24 years in Alaska...............your milk comes as a powder in a box so you don't have to worry about it freezing on the way home!....................................

19. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

Awesome pics there! Believe me! I am not enjoying the heat at all! Dont think I could handle what you are describing, but this heat wave has stopped deer movement, and I need some more bucks killed!!!

20. Terry

Marc.

I let my wife bring it home in the Dodge when she gets off work. ;D

And Jerry... while powdered is an option, my daughter and I drink a lot of milk and we're not fond of powdered. We buy the same gallon jugs as everyone else, but at over $8 a gallon.

In something of a twist... I see where many of you in the lower 48 are getting winter storms today. We are on day 2 of a really warm low (approaching 40 degrees) with rain. It totally sucks. :p