1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Thank You Jim Tucker & Kosmo ( RE: Renegade Airbrush)

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Pescado, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I now have a Badger Renegade Spirit in my arsenal of DETAIL brushes. I haven't given it a thorough workout yet, but what I have tested it on, I must say I was very impressed. This brush is similar to my Omni 6000, but much more refined. I would guess that I could do just as fine of detail work with the Renegade at $100.00 price as I could with my Micron that had a price more than three times that of the Renegade.

My hat's off to Badger for such a quality and detail capable airbrush, at such an affordable price.

Paul B

2. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Good deal, Paul. I have been considering adding a couple of detail brushes, I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

3. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Hmmm....haven't tried that one. The Spirit is finer than the Velocity correct?? You must really get some tight lines in there.

Glad you like it...I usually shy away from recomendations, more than to say I like it.

Usually my "complaints" with airbrushes come from COMFORT. My hands are big and fumbly. I can make them all work but some feel better than others.

Besides, those Renegade brushes just look so manly...LOL!

4. Yeah, they DO look pretty cool. Are they a burnished gray/silver or is that just the photo? And whats that lining on the color cup about?

5. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Looks sorta like my nose-hair trimmer - lol! Wonder if they have attachments???

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

That color is correct.

The "cup liner" is actually a cup LID.

7. Murrmantaxidermy

Murrmantaxidermy New Member

What size needle does this have?

8. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Here are the specs from Badger's site.

9. Manny

Manny New Member

Thanks for info, Sounds like a good brush at a good price. Looks like ill have to break down and get a detail brush.

10. kosmonot

kosmonot New Member

Paul, just seeing this post - you're welcome. Thanks for checking it out and sharing your thoughts