1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

$5000 bobcat mount on Ebay,LOL

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by second nature, Dec 29, 2006.

1. second nature

second nature New Member

Yes,this one has to be seen to believe. Seller claims it was appraised at $15,000 by Nevada officials. I am still laughing!

2. better hurry and get your bid in it only has 20 hours left

3. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

wow!!! $15,000 gezzzzzzzzz. I never saw that cat in FF&G. I dont know maybe I missed it. If that guy can get that for that cat god bless him.

4. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

please post the link

5. http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Bobcat-Live-mount-in-Glass-Case_W0QQitemZ270071300342QQihZ017QQcategoryZ22702QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    only 19 hrs and 43 minutes, better hurry

6. rbt

rbt What do you think he will score?

What do you mean half albino phase. Like it can change back and forth. Thats why it is 15,000 it can change color LOL best of luck to the guy.

7. for that price it aint luck, its a fantasy

8. Lou

Lou Modern day Mona Lisa :-)

PA
    It'd better blow rainbow colors and golden eggs out it's..... ;D for that price.

9. Gary71

Gary71 Guest

I`ve seen better mounts that go for $400.00 on Ebay. What`s albino about this cat anyway?? What a joke!!!

10. Larry B

Larry B New Member

Hey c'mon, it was featured in the "letters form readers section" in Oct 2005

11. Gunluvinfull

Gunluvinfull Guest

If you look closely you can see a little bit of red starting in the eyes. Yes I believe it is in the semi albino period of change. LMFAO

12. trapperr

trapperr New Member

he gets 5 grand fur that critter ya all won't be laughing then, you'll all be mounting cats fur E-BAY , IMOA

13. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

I've trapped cats in a few different states,Nevada being one.Mounted quite a few from most ares of the country too.That cat is probably the most unusual color variation I've seen.Nevada produces some of the highest quality bobcats in the US.That one would have little value on the fur market as it couldn't be matched with any other hides and there are no spots on the belly.It's best value would have been as a raw or tanned hide to taxidermists for mounting.Not sure what it would have brought-whatever the market would bear,I guess.Like a red,black or palamino coyote.Rarely does an animal increase in value by mounting it,especially with a so so mount.There was a thread on the forum awhile back asking about unusual color phases of bobcats.This one is the most unusual I've seen.It looks like a real big tom and his genes should be in that area.That cat would have the most value to the guy who caught it,for the memories.He could make better money by going out and catching a couple of the better marked Northern Nevada toms.There was at least one bobcat at a Nevada sale last year that broke the $800 mark.

14. BlackHawk

BlackHawk The Champion

WI
    that's a nice size cat.. hardly worth $5k.

15. midwesthunts

midwesthunts He would have been bigger next year

16. Mace

Mace New Member

I'm a fish guy came here to ask a question, saw this laughed my A%$ off, and had to send the guy a note telling him he must not know what he is selling, and he won't get a 1/4 of that. Now I can't remember why I came to the mamals section. ;D ;D :-\ ???

17. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

Heck of a way to spend your Christmas money. hhahaaaaaaaa

18. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

Wildlife Artist always gets good prices for his mounts, but the quality of his work is well worth it. He's the only taxidermist that sell on Ebay whose work I truly admire. Sometimes its just funny to surf around on Ebay to see how "uninformed" ::) the people are that buy the junk sold on there.

19. Well bidding has ended on this , guess no one had any spare change with the Christmas season here to buy this.

20. NICKYG

NICKYG "IS IT ALIVE, OR WAS IT MOUNTED BY GLORIOSO?"

WOW!!!! I AM SHOCKED THERE WERE NO BIDDERS!!!! :eek: Maybe he really meant to write $500.00????Maybe too many zeros...HA AH HA HA HA