1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the week (starting December 26th)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. RF

RF Member

Almost finished

2. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Joe Meder offset shoulder semi sneak altered to semi upright offset shoulder. I wish they sold these, since mounting this one I get plenty of requests.

3. zubba

zubba Active Member

Nice mount Diamond. Out of curiousity, what was the neck measurement on that thing? Looks thick.

4. Lone Wolf AK

Lone Wolf AK Lone Wolf Taxidermy and Wildlife Artistry

Finished this Musk Ox today. These critters are a real pain, especially when the client hasn't taken the skull out of the cape before you get it ;D

5. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    First one done of the season!

6. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    Bigger pics!

7. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Couple of mine.
    First nilgai, it has issues because the lip and nose were almost ripped off at the tannery.

8. Nice work everyone! Tonyt your 1st WT that you posted looks like it has the colorations of a Mule deer! Very cool. Awesome work too!

9. bowhuntnnut

bowhuntnnut 210-260-0190

Very nice work Tonyt. That first wt has some really nice colors. That muskox looks good LWAK.

10. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi great looking mounts,nice work.Jasonb thats a nice elk mount and looks like you have a very nice shop aswell.
    Scott.

11. bluetickkid333

bluetickkid333 New Member

[​IMG]

there is the buck mount that i had done for me that made me want want to get into taxidermy

12. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

24" neck plus long late november Saskatchewan hair = very impressive looking neck. This was a Joe Meder 922

13. Manny

Manny New Member

Here is one just finished. Mckenzie Full Sneak

14. Manny

Manny New Member

Another pic.

15. Guys...I dont come here to the gameheads section much but I love the work! TonyT...great expressions in those dudes...awesome!
    Heres my latest "just for fun" piece. I mounted this yesterday...I got the cape from Matt DeFazio...it was a little smaller than I originally wanted but Matt is such a great guy and I was sure that I could trust him...paid off! He said he had a beautiful 21" and he was right...very nice. This was a 21"...I confess I mounted it on a 22" Mears but I altered the muscle structure from the front and the upward swell and it equaled out to about a 21 1/2 at the ears...stretch was no problem though. It looks so much bigger but believe me, its an illusion.I had to extend the muzzle about a 1/2" as well and resculpt all of the facial but it was alot of fun. The Mears forms, which I used in my commercial studio almost exclusively and have used for years are short and stocky...a lot of body...maybe too much in some cases. Sometimes its a problem but I have always liked them. They gracefully make an average deer look like a brute. This rack was far from average though...thats 15 inch G2s...replica though. ;)

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thank you for the kind words Ken, and that thing is a pig! Very nice job, love the expression and that blonde forehead on him. You should post your work more often. Man, I don't remember that cape being that big!(LOL)Take care.

17. bowhntr

bowhntr New Member

First attempt at a wall pedistal. McKenzie 8800 semi-upright, back finished with naugahyde tucked into a slot.
    By the way great everyone!

18. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Manny, I love your background. It reminds me of some sunsets when everything is just right to make that beautilful pink-purple color.

19. Manny

Manny New Member

Thanks, I have been wanting to make another/more but just havent had time. Im thinking a maroon and blue or brown. Your Technique works great.

20. Nice musk ox, I like it when the client leaves the head in for me to do... but it doesnt happen much...lol