1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New England Association of Taxidermists Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Steve Hackett, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Re: NEAT Convention and Competition One Week Away!!!!

Jean, as one of the judges, Id like to inform you that the standard currency for bribing for the old timers award is lobster...

2. Re: NEAT Convention and Competition One Week Away!!!!

No this is how you advertise a great show.........

And the question of how many people, The real question is how many remebr they came to it after they go to the bar (rookies )

Around 100 140 mounts ,, great show.
    Gregg

Bill, I think you already have enough in your belly,,,LOL

3. Bill Yox

I trimmed up alittle, just in case we get edible bribes this year Gregg...you in too?

4. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj

I wish I could stay the whole time, maybe between Yox and Greg's wife, someone will be able to talk me into staying overnite til Saturday morning. Unfortunately, we got a kids fishing derby in the morning, and a cubscout campout in the afternoon. Let's see, If I leave at 5 am will that get me to the derby by 8 am?? HMMMMMM.

5. Re: NEAT Convention and Competition One Week Away!!!!

I cant believe I did it, 5 mounts done. One little thing to finish up tomorrow, should have been all set today but I goofed a little.

I still have all my hair, I didnt swear at all, im not behind on customer pieces and my shop is actually clean. See you all Friday.

6. Re: NEAT Convention and Competition One Week Away!!!!

Matt I've seen you mount animals before not surprising to me you finished up 5 animals ;D! I wish I could mount'em as fast as you do LOL.
    At this point I'm just hoping my piece dries in time :-[. Don't know how I let time creep up on me like I did this year.. BUTT, next year :D.
    Can't wait to get away for a bit and relax a little, but I'm really looking forward to the seminars ;). See everyone there. Jared

7. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

Hey guys, I'm looking forward to the show this year. I unfortunately didnt mount anything up. I Had a hernia and needed surgery which put me out of commission. I know I know, You shouldnt wait til a month or so before the show to mount up a piece. Well this year it bit me in the A$$. It is unfortunate that I procrastonated and am not going to be able to get critiqued by this stellar line up of judges. Cant wait to see everybody again.
    Scott

8. Re: NEAT Convention and Competition One Week Away!!!!

its ok Scott just do what I do. Follow the judge around that you want to learn something from and listen to what he has to say to others. You always pick something up wether its on your own piece or someone elses.

9. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

JERSEY BOYS ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND
    This convention is one of the best that we attend every year
    what a aw some line up of judges and seminarians for this convention
    expect to have fun and learn something see you all on the weekend
    JOHNN B
    G S TA

10. Bill Yox

Is that Johnny Lobster??? ;)

11. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Matt, I do the same thing. I think I learned as much from other peoples critiques as Ive learned from my own. Ive been looking forward to the show for a while. Ive met most of you at other shows and this will be my first time coming up to a NEAT show. Looking forward to seeing everyone and the seminars. Bill

12. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

flying out of chicago thursday, hope to be there a good portion of saturday anyhow. Looking forward to seeing some friends.

13. Re: NEAT Convention and Competition One Week Away!!!!

Its here, I cant believe it. Leaving work early and heading to the Hotel to start setting up. See you all there, some of you tonight, the rest tomorrow.

14. Andy M

Andy M Member

I'll be on the road in about twenty minutes! See you there between 5 and 6pm.

Andy

15. Re: NEAT Convention and Competition One Week Away!!!!

I am going too. Dont worry Scott I'm not bringing a mount this year either, it sucks but I will try and listen in to the critiques and go to the seminars. looking foward to some R+R! lol.

16. Re: NEAT Convention and Competition One Week Away!!!!

Matt you did it!!! you scared the $HIT out of my brother so he is going to go now ;D

17. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

NEAT Convention

Well folks I'm here having a great time with all friendly folks and their great hospitality. Some of the work here is totally outstanding. Those of you who did not make it are missing a really great show.

18. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Re: NEAT Convention

Hi Bruce, Glad you made home safe and sound, and as always it was good to see you. I just got home myself. I was hoping to get a photo of all the taxi-netters that were there, but it just didn't materialize. This year's show from what I understand was biggest in membership, and pieces entered. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I would think some photos of the work will soon be posted. It was just an excellent time, with excellent work, judges, seminars and all the folks that were there.

19. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

Bruce, It was a pleasure as usual, having you attend our show. On behalf of the N.E.A.T. family, I want to thank you for attending our convention. Without you and other innovators in the taxidermy industry, where would we all be.

Wayne, my friend. You are correct. This was a record breaking year for N.E.A.T. for both attendance and competition entries. I will be putting a slideshow together a little later and I believe Matt will be posting the Power Point presentation that was from the awards show. It was great seeing you again and your entry was a beautiful piece. I do like your idea of the Taxinet photo. I had intentions of mentioning it at the banquet last night, but it slipped through my feeble mind while announcing the awards.

20. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

The Guys from N.E.A.T put on a great show! These are one the nicest,hardest working group of guys Ive met. The seminars, Judges and banquet was all top notch and all the entries were very inspiring. Harry Whitehead is a hoot! If youve ever had an opportunity to meet him you know how he can work a room. ;)

Scott, youre son was also very entertaining during the auction, :D he has alot of debt to work off between now and next years show. It was great to meet you. Ill see you at the Garden State Show if you make it.....................................Bill Motzer