1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UTA partnered with Catch a Dream --Taxidermists wanted

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Paul C, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Paul C

Paul C New Member

The UTA Board of Directors is very pleased to announce an Official Partnership with the Catch A Dream Foundation. www.catchadream.org
    Catch A Dream is a Foundation, similar to Hunt of a LIfetime, that grants wishes to terminally ill children who want to go hunting and fishing and has become the featured charity on the Outdoor Channel--showcased on the Drury brother's show, "Dream Season".

The UTA is helping the CADF find qualified taxidermists willing to donate their time and expertise to help make terminally ill children's dreams come true.

While the CADF arranges trips for a wide variety of animals, fish and birds the specimens most likely to get mounted are gameheads (whitetails, mule deer, antelope) and fish (both fresh and saltwater--skin mounts and repros).

Supplies and materials will be provided (unless you would like to furnish your own).
    Shipping to and from your studio will be paid for by the CADF (although you may donate that as well).

While we can't guarantee that every taxidermist that applies will be selected to do some work the UTA Taxidermy Coordinator will do his best to spread the work around the country. Please keep in mind that applying does not obligate you to anything. CADF hunts are very "time specific" because we are dealing with terminal illness. If you cannot get the job done in the time frame provided please feel free to decline it and it will be assigned to someone else.

You DO NOT have to be a UTA member to participate---although we do encourage it. ;D

If you are interested in helping please send an email to me at [email protected] with the following information:

Name
    Address
    Phone
    Your taxidermy strengths

Please do NOT post that information here.

The UTA Taxidermy Coordinator is Rick Krane. When a child is selected for a trip in your area by the CADF, Rick will contact you to begin the necessary arrangements. Don't miss the chance to do something truly GREAT with the talents the Creator has given you.

Paul Czarnecki
    UTA Vice Chairman
    [email protected]

2. blkbearklr

blkbearklr Yep I am retired living off my sugar mama!!!

Email sent.

Great thing you and Rick are doing...

Joe

3. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Its not Rick and I that are doing anything, Joe. The UTA is doing this as part of our mission statement and goals to do something good and meaningful for the taxidermy industry. Its all about the UTA promoting taxidermy to the rest of the world.
    Thanks for you support!

Paul

4. owen

owen New Member

Paul, E-mail sent

5. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Email sent as well- awesome things going on here, guys- be a part if you're not already!

6. Paul C

Paul C New Member

A big THANK YOU to all of you for the overwhelming response. This data base of volunteers is growing faster than we ever dreamed. Please keep in mind that not everyone will be called right away. It might take a year or more before your services are needed.
    If anyone else would like to volunteer to be on the UTA/Catch a Dream list of taxidermists please send an email with your name, address, phone number and taxidermy strengths to [email protected]

Thanks again for your support of this very worthwhile cause!

Paul

7. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Paul, you know you can always include my services on this list. I, challenge all my taxidermy.net friends to join in and volunteer your services to help a terminally ill child through the UTA and Catch a Dream Foundation partnership. Please get with Paul and submit your information. And thank you Paul for your hard work on this partnership.

8. Paul C

Paul C New Member

We have had some questions lately about the UTA/CADF partnership and what it means to those of you that have relationships with Hunt of a Lifetime and other similar organziations.

First of all, the UTA decided to partner with Catch a Dream because Hunt of a Lifetime already had Taxidermy Coordinators in place to help them and CADF did not. Catch a Dream had functioned totally "in house" with regards to locating taxidermists and handling all of the associated logistics and a relationship with the UTA was greatly appreciated by Dr. Marty Brunson, who heads the CADF program. This was simply a way for the UTA to help CADF.

Your participation in the UTA/CADF taxidermy program DOES NOT prohibit or preclude you, IN ANY WAY, from participating in Hunt of Lifetime or other similar programs. In fact, the UTA encourages ALL taxidermists to help out ANY organization they can, whenever they can. HOAL founder and President, Tina Pattison, is a personal friend of mine as is Dan Snyder, HOAL's Taxidermy Coordinator. We are all working together toward a common goal and doing something good for the industry and the youth of our country. In fact, I have a Hunt of a Lifetime elk drying on my wall right now!

Once again, if you would like to be included in the UTA/CADF database of participating taxidermists please send an email to [email protected] with your name, address, phone number and taxidermy strengths. Again, you do NOT need to be a UTA member (but we do encourage it).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Paul Czarnecki
    UTA Vice Chairman

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Email sent. I don't care if it's tomorrow or 3 years from now, I hope I can help.

10. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

email sent from me too.

11. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    THANK YOU to all the taxidermists who are e-mailing in their support.

12. Paul did you get my email?

Anytime you need a fish done let me know.

13. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Yes, John, got your email and a pile of others. THANK YOU to everyone for your overwhelming support for this very worthwhile program.

14. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    I just got off the UTA conference call and Paul and Rick are still collecting names to help the UTA out with Catch a Dream. Please contact one of them to be put on the list to help out.