1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

rattlesnake fangs???

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by clw499, Jan 6, 2009.

1. clw499

clw499 New Member

I have found several companies that sell rattlesnake mouth sets, but none that come with the fangs or tongue. I would rather use fake fangs instead of the real ones for safety reasons. Anyone know where to buy fake fangs for a prairie rattler?

2. Barry

Barry Active Member

USE fish Bones they work Great

3. There is no danger or harm that can come from snake fangs. Too many people put so much disinformation on here. Unless you take the fang FULL of venom till it is overflowing, stick it directly into an open vein, and then blow on the other end to force the venom directly into your blood stream, nothing will happen. then do it again with about 30 fangs brimming to the top with venom, and you might get enough in you to cause a reaction. Use the real fangs!!

4. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

That's what I'm talking about Tom! All this fear of using "real" fangs cracks me up. :D I'd rather pull fangs anyday than try to find a damn fish that has fang-like bones. LOL :D :D

5. I hear ya Perry!!

6. Barry

Barry Active Member

I agree with Ya Guy's but some time other people are still leary about such things and Perry Fish bones that are shaped like Fangs aren't that hard to find ! LOL Ya gotta put out as much effort as you do in your Great Looking Snakes But then again that is why I keep all the fangs Cause I might want to use some day Have a Great Day!

7. clw499

clw499 New Member

Thanks guys! I will use the real fangs. I just believed what I had heard that there was still venom in them.

8. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Barry, I skinned out a 1/2 pound shellcracker last night for a kid's mount and never did find a bone that looked like a fang. LOL ;D :D

9. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Fish bones will work but they are not easily found.

10. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Why not go for it all and use fox ribs!! Nothing grabs attention more than the "sabertooth" look! LOL :D :D

11. dc taxidermy

Perry thats some funny sheet right there.

12. Barry

Barry Active Member

Yea Now that's what I'm Talkin about a real snake mounting Man going to make a vid ain't Ya! with good Head and facial shots!!!!!!

13. Hey DC, why is it thwn we refer to anything about PERRY, IT HAS TO DO WITH SHEETS loL lol Perferably white ones LOL

14. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I have been known to wear a Confederate uniform in a reenactment before, I guess to you northeasterners that classifies as a Klan rally? :-* Once again, all my sheets are on the beds.

15. Barry

Barry Active Member

BE Careful! Those GUY's From The You Know Where That Protect the You Know Who That Carry Big Guns and always Have That Really Serious Look on their Face and those stupid Ear Thinggyyyyyy In the ears might Be Listening in through their Satellite Communication Listening Devices Sshhshhhshhhs!!!!!!

16. dc taxidermy

All Mine Aint.

17. ibgaw

ibgaw New Member

Hi! I'm new to this posting stuff but could really use some advice. My dad passed away recently and we are trying to get things cleaned out to sell the house.

He was an avid hunter and had a game room with deer heads, bobcats, pheasants, rattle snake with original fangs and tongue in a strike position (3ft. high), display

table with twin fawns in a natural setting, sailfish, dolphin fish. Does anyone know what these things are worth and where I can sell them?

Thanks,
    [email protected]