1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

mounting first coyote?/

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by harvy, Sep 13, 2006.

1. harvy

harvy New Member

I'm mounting my first full body coyote. My question is, does anyone know where I can download a step by step program for this. i have mounted shoulder mounts before, but never a full body. any help would be appreciated. The taxidermist I was learning from, has moved away. Thanks, harvy.

2. Harvy;
    Your best bet is to purchase some of the Breakthrough Manuals. One in particular would be the Mammal Taxidermy Manual. Or purchase some of the video's out there on mounting a full body coyote, fox ect. Good luck to ya.

Coyote

3. Go to hidetanning.net and look for the coyote mount guidelines. "Coyote mount tutorial" I think it says. It should be on the home page. Good Luck (They are stinky critters but I think look good mounted.) :p

I hope that helps-- I didn't see that you had done shoulder mounts before. (OOPS) Anyway, its still a good site for other info. :)

4. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

buy a video - manuals are lacking for what you should do

5. red oak

red oak New Member

i disagree the breakthrough manuals helps alot. they give difrent ways of doing things not just one persons opnion.there is alot more info in that manual then on a vidio tape