1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"THE" 5 hour European mount tutorial.

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by michael p., Jan 10, 2009.

1. I used a modified version of this tutorial because the job started as a maceration byt he customer and it worked well. The only issue I ended up with was loose teeth. To correct this I took Elmers glue and lightly painted it on the inside of the teeth, allowing it to run into the root cavity. Once dry it retains the teeth and is never seen.

Thanks for the Tutorial Mike, Great job!

Mac

2. outdoorsalways

outdoorsalways New Member

Thanks for your time and effort once again.I do some steps a little differant but I did pick up
    some pointers that will help me in the future.Thats the best ting about this forum,i can take what I
    like most and make my own process.Your time is appreciated!!!!!!!!

3. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Having done skulls for a few years now, and after reading this thread, I learned some new tips, but I learned a lot more from Michael's DVD. I wasn't going to get it since I figured I do skulls fine now, but since his pedestal backing DVD was so informative, I figured it couldn't hurt. Maybe I'd pick up a new technique or two, which I definitely did. Thanks Michael.

4. Blane

Blane New Member

Worked great....a real time saver....Thanks

5. coonhunt

coonhunt New Member

thanks mike I got a good bit from that. thanks again

6. Dark-Memory

Dark-Memory Very sick but I'll be back in the future!

Going to try this out for the first time on one of my first skulls, this was very awesome to read! Lots of visuals! Thank you for being willing to take time to share your wisdom! :)

7. absmithtaxidermy

absmithtaxidermy New Member

8. anglinarcher

anglinarcher New Member

sweet tutorial! was wondering what the baking soda does? does it help whiten/degrease it or break down the meat from the skull?
    thanks,
    ~Jeff

9. tracy

tracy coon dogs

i have had bugs do this and after doing it this way to me there is no other way
    it is fast and eazy and put cash in the pocket
    thanks mike

10. I did this yesterday to a few small skulls (bobcat, coyote, fox) and the teeth were falling out. Should I simmer for a shorter time? What glue will work to glue the teeth back in?

11. lilrick4x4

lilrick4x4 New Member

Thank you Michael P. I am new to taxidermy and Europeans. I have done 2 deer this way and I don't think I will do it any other way. Works great! Thank you to people like Michael who want to help new people in the business to learn how to succeed. I have now ordered 2 of Michael's videos.

12. Trophy Skulls- Bemidji

Trophy Skulls- Bemidji New Member

I was trying to see the pictures attached to this post, am I the only one that can't see them?

13. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Photobucket is holding them ransom.

14. Photobucket is holding my photos also. I went from a free service to a charge of $400 a year. Not paying it

15. DTSkulls

DTSkulls Member

keep coming back to this thread. thanks again

16. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

Livbucks. I have started using a site called postimages.org for my pictures, they have many different sizes that can be used on this site. seems to work every well....

Sidenote don't type it imagepost.org or you will get some really vulgar pictures....