1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the week (starting January 10th)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Jan 10, 2009.

1. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Welcome to Game Head of the week. This is a critique free place were beginners to pros can post there pics. You can post any game head on this thread.(it doesnt have to be a deer). If you don't know how to post a pic but can email one send it to me and Ill post it for you at [email protected] Thanks for posting and have a great week. Brian Holmes

2. kwickerink

kwickerink New Member

;) 1st mount, but I had an advantage...I have sewn for over 30 years, have airbrush and sculpting professional awards since I was a teen! Just seems easy except for the fleshing!

3. 100antlers

100antlers Member

here is one for this week,kalee's first deer

4. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Put these four on this week. Still wet when I took the pics. WCL

Got the indent worked out after I noticed it in the pic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. A couple that were picked up last week. SC deer and a TX Hillcountry deer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 100antlers

100antlers Member

great deer i wish i could get my ears to look half that good,i will keep at it

evan

7. This is my 6th mount, Mounted it yesterday on a mears semi sneak. This guy had a mane and a nice white blaze on top of his muzzle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sorry i dont know whats up with these pictures...usually i have no problem with photobucket, can anyone help? lol

9. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

here my throw in for he week. nothing special actually the smallest buck i have to do this year.

[​IMG]

10. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

dsbragg nice deer but your backdrop makes them look bad ;) You need an iron :eek: :D Nice work though!

11. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

huntingislife, love that buck with the blaze.

Here are some shop pics from today, been busy prepping skins and cleaning my shop up. No mount pics yet.

This is the cape from the nice 9 point I got in. Just beautiful, no scars or rub marks - 19" neck. I don't ever see mature buck capes clean as this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's the form he'll be going on. Ben Mears semi sneak. Love the look of these forms.

[​IMG]

This is the form for my boyfriend's 8 point from our hunting trip. Mckenzie semi sneak head up.

[​IMG]

The shop, with ''new and improved'' entertainment center, just added an old stereo and speakers I found in the garage.

[​IMG]

I'll be posting pics soon of the two buck mounts once I get them done.

12. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

I love the mears forms as well. I ordered some of those new matt thompson forms, haven't mounted on them et but I have a feeling I don't like them already. Cool shop nina.

13. Thanks Nina, it was a neat buck. First mears form i used and i really liked it. Good work this week everyone.

14. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

nice work everyone!

15. Nina, are you going to charge your boyfriend full price?

16. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

This is actually kind of a trade. He did a lot of work to fix up the car I got, and he's installing an audio system in it too, so I'm doing the deer mount as a "thank you"

17. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I felt sorry for dsbragg, so I ironed his backdrop for him!

18. bowhntr

bowhntr New Member

Here's one I finished last week. Mckenzie 8600 (pictures is a little blurry)

19. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

197" gross

20. These two went out the door yesterday. I should have the three others finished for next week. Nice work everyone.