1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Weird Question

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by FishArt, Sep 13, 2006.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I've had two and both turned out badly for me.

The latest one was a super guy who had numerous problems. He'd taken his 8 year old son and 10 year old daughter out on the bay and had caught flound, croaker, a striped bass and a black bass. He came in and paid the deposit to have them all done in repros.

When they were done, I called and the person answering the phone said that "Joe" wasn't available. I asked to speak to his wife. She came on and told me that Joe had died the day before. I apologized and tolld here I'd talk with her in a few weeks and hung up. A month later, I called and when she answered I could tell she was a bitter person. I told her the circumstances and her reply was that I could stick the fish were the sun didn't shine and she didn't want anything like that in her house. So I ate $400 worth of fish repros before finally giving them away.

The best one, however, was the one where I called and no one answered. The machine with his voice was there so I left the message that his deer was ready to be picked up. A week later, a guy walks into the shop and tells me he's this guys brother and he's there to pick up the deer. I asked why and he tells me his brother had died. I apologize and I give him the deer. Two days later, a lady walks in with cash wanting to pick up this same deer. I ask who she is and she tells me she's the widowed wife. I apologize and tell her that her brother-in-law picked it up the week before. She comes unglued. Seems the brother had been cut out of the will and the wife got everything. He knew she wanted the deer, beat her to it, and paid for the deer and taken it. That one finally went to court before "ownership" could be established and I just felt blessed that they didn't drag me into the fray.

2. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

well George your first story proves what I have always said , "there are worse things in life than death" may he go to heaven since he had spent enough time in hell, married to that lady. I normally wouldn't have posted but I need 4 more so I can start spreading the "love", ;D

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Had it happen to me on a bass. Guy had paid a deposit and the week I finished the fish he died of a heart attack. I knew one of his sons and gave the fish to him w/o charging the balance. The family was very happy to have it and very grateful to me for giving it to them. Had it been someone I did not know the results may have been different, hard to say until you are in that situation.

4. 3 Fs

3 Fs New Member

For you folks who have still expected payment, you are absolutely right. You are in a business, usually a business that in some part or another helps to feed yourselves and your families. And, a sympathetic ear and heartfelt, sincere sympathy, even if the person/people you are speaking to isn't quite exactly pleasant, is only human. Who knows, you may just have been speaking to this person at a very troubling time in dealing with the loss of a loved one.

But, for you folks who did what you did for the law enforcement officer(s) and/or their families without expecting payment after their death, and for those of you who have done similar acts for our vets, let this disabled officer give a sincere and heartfelt, "Thank you!" I was injured in the line of duty and continued to work hurt for as long as possible to try to take care of my family. Now, I am just a disabled officer drawing a pitiful pension trying to figure out how to feed and clothe my children on what little they have so graciously given me for giving up my health and ability to take care of my family.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Thank you for your service and hope things work out.

6. hford

hford New Member

I heard of a taxidermist in my area that told a customer whom he had forgot to mount their fish, that he thought he read in the obituaries that the guy had died. Maybe a good excuse uh!