1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Study live whitetails with Bill Yox

Discussion in 'Training' started by Bill Yox, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Brushwolf, if you go to the rear of Bills property, look in the giant elm tree and you will see a tree stand i put up last year when Bill was away. Climb over the fence like you did as a kid geting in to see XXX movies at the drive in, and climb the stand with a camcorder. it wont cost you nothing except your ass if Yox finds out about the stand!! Dont tell him, it was craigs idea!!

2. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

40 years after the dutch elm blight came through, if you find an elm behind my place, by all means, climb away! Theres a 100 yr old oak back there on the property line.

3. dthomas357

dthomas357 New Member

I had the privilage to study with bill a few years ago. and as with all who know him you can't help to become good friends with the man. I spent 50% of my time out in the deer pens. ( not because he didn't like me, but that's were the real training comes from) and I told Bill you can't get this kind of knowledge from photos's alone .if you want to compete on in a higer level of taxidermy . you almost certainly have to have live deer available to you for the actuall reference. Don't let the money get in your way. the training and knowlede will last you a lifetime
    DanThomas

4. Biil were is your farm at

5. Bill Yox

Im in western NY state, between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, or between Buffalo and Rochester. Go look at a map, and Ill wave. See?

6. cool i work on a deer farm here i michigan it called bearss den deer farm how many deer do you have there

7. Bill Yox

Yes! I saw the pic of your heavy 200 inch buck, I believe. I hope youre doing well there. I am happily down to just 18 animals now. Im very small here, and thats how I can best do things here. My girls were AIed to two 300 plus bucks this fall, as a loosely related outcross. I hate to wish away time, but I cant wait to see what two years will bring...

8. bill were done to 45 deer. the dnr here are big u know over the cwd and we sold 5 of are bigest bucks last week so how are the rules over there

9. Bill Yox

We had one case of cwd here and the state went bananas. They ruined an honest and decent mans life to use him as a scapegoat. Hes a friend, and as a result of how they treated him, I no longer will do any reciprocative work with them. They made my life hell for almost a year and a half too, and busted me financially. Theres a few state vets I must work with yearly, theyre good people to deal with. Thats about it though.

10. ya they had use lock down for 5 week and let use go back to work gust in time for are hunts know there trying to close down deer farms here that way we got off are big bucks

11. Bill Yox

Xtreme, Im sorry man but I cant read what you just typed, lol. You might wanna try again, pardner!

12. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

bILL, ya BE funin tHE micHgin way peeble telk.

13. thanks trying to cook dinner

14. Bill Yox

Don, I think hes typing challenged like me, lol.

15. ya lol