1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

##***#*#* UPS- blood pressure is up

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Gary B., Jan 15, 2009.

1. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

I have a UPS pick up account- so a truck stops everyday and I get a weekly charge plus shipping
    costs for packages. We were going to be closed over the holidays for 2 weeks - sooooooo - I phoned UPS to suspend
    pickup- I was assured by a nice person that the regular weekly service charge would not be billed!!!!!

Today I get my bill ,and I was charged $34.00 for pickup service for the 2 weeks that we were closed. I call UPS and some arrogant woman tries to tell me that I had caused the mistake and had initially called the wrong number to suspend service. WRONG-
    She checked some more and then tells me that the UPS employee I origanally spoke with had done things wrong and that is why I was being charged. Whoooooa- WHAT THE HECK? I don't think I am going to pay for their mistake. Finally she says that out of courtesy they now will not make me pay the service fee. Today I feel that UPS is arrogant/stupid and it really makes me mad that a person has to go through this crap. It is NOT a courtesy to me to void a error caused by UPS- It is called proper customer service and should happen with a smile, not arrogance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeew- now I feel better

thanks for listening

Gary B.

2. Major

Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

That's why I only ship FedEx! I would get box after box from McKenzie beat to shreds from UPS. Now they have me automatically shipping with FedEx. Still have problems but not near as many.

3. hunte567

hunte567 Member

Same here. My younger brother has been a driver for ups for 20 years. You should hear the idiotic things that ups management and customer service has said and done. He also told me never write the words fragile on a box. He said when they see that, well, lets just say they don't treat it as fragile. We only use fed-ex. Since we've switched, we have not had any boxes damaged with them. I can't say that for ups. Some suppliers don't offer fed-ex, so we're stuck with ups. Last week we had a box come in that was pretty much destroyed. We're really tired of dealing with anything to do with ups!

Good Luck!
    Neil

4. mrdux

mrdux Member

I was in UPS stroke mode on Monday. I had a 2000 pound bison shoulder cape and backskin to ship to Wildlife Gallery. The backskin was a royal pain to get into a box of any size but it didn't weigh but 38 pounds. I rushed to the shipping center just before pick up time. I shipped 4 boxes total. The lady said the total was $201.--. I said WHAT!!!!! The boxes were already on the UPS truck. I asked her that couldn't be right. She said the measurements on the backskin box were over normal size and it was $123.-- ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE DOLLARS TO SHIP A FRICKIN BOX THAT WEIGHED 38 POUNDS? It was UPS Ground not next day!! I could have gotten somebody local to carry it to Michigan--ON FOOT--for that. NO more UPS unless it is an accident or emergency of the highest order!!