1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Oldshaver! Educate these people!

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Glen Conley, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

Some of you probably remember a little over a year ago when I whipped STOP-ROT into the haploid gallus gamete (remember too, I just said you know what all this stuff is, you just didn't know all the ten dollar words).

Here's what that bowl of globular proteins looks like today. It is now pretty darn solid.

Original thread:
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,56994.45.html

2. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

mmm mmm good

3. Glen Conley

Well, you Guys, while I was gone, someone set a cup on top of my egg. My egg now has a ring print from the cup, other than that, it still looks the same. I'm starting to think real serious about soaking the egg loose.

My real reason for bringing this thread back up was to help yer Uncle George out on his understanding of enzymes. Couldn't help but notice a remark he made in another thread, he needs the help. Oldshaver, don't let him get away with that crap. There's innocent women and children that read this stuff.

4. Bobbi Meyer

oh please give us the link to that thread Glen !!!

5. Glen Conley

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,186278.15.html

Any more displays of “logic” like this and we’ll have to have him take third grade over again.

6. Bobbi Meyer

Oh this is gonna get good....marking for the George " re-education" hehehehhe

7. D.W.M.

D.W.M. New Member

I know that there are laundry enzymes that work at a pH of 10 or 11. Is that why they are called laundry enzymes because they work at a higher pH and a temp of 120 to 140 F. Where the enzyme mentioned for an acid bate operates at a low pH.

8. Glen Conley

D.W.M., I thought I had posted this bit of information in this thread, I know I have posted it on this forum at least once before. I was told by an in-house chemist of one of my suppliers a few years ago that at that time there were over 1,600 different enzymes commercially available.

Sounds like a lot, but I'm sure that's just a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.

I would suspicion the enzymes you are asking about may well be produced by one of the thermophilius (heat loving) bacteria.

They are called laundry enzymes when used for laundry. They are called taxidermy enzymes when used for taxidermy. Human mentality does not allow but one kind of use per product. See previous paragraphs.

9. D.W.M.

D.W.M. New Member

I'm sorry Glen I am guilty of not reading the entire thread.

10. Glen Conley

Shame, shame, shame. As punishment you shall have to read the Who's Who? thread in it's entirety by first daylight.

11. Bobbi Meyer

OMG

12. Bobbi Meyer

you guys make my head hurt........