1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

quick ? for an official measurer (b&c or p&y)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Ozwalt, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Ozwalt

Ozwalt New Member

Is there an official measurer out there that would be willing to give a quick opinion? Customer rack has the character of a non-typical, but has a fork on each side where both sides of the fork come from the same spot on the main beam. I get a lot of customers who ask for a rough score just for kicks, but I'm not sure if these forks would be scored as g2 & g3, or as a g2 + a non-typical point. It might be hard to see in the pics. To my eyes, it looks like a toss-up.

Thanks.

2. Kevin

Kevin New Member

I am a master measurer for SCI so I don't know the BC scoring as well but I think the same principles apply. I think from the pictures they are non-typical. I would have to see it up close, follow the grain of the antler, all tines have some sort of grain or line you can follow, follow it down and if it goes to the main beam then it may be considered typical unless it is really off to the side. If it looks like it goes to the other tine then it is non-typical. Hope that helps.

3. sagebrush

sagebrush New Member

i score for b&c you will of course have G1,2,and 3's in the close up pic you can see the one antler comes off the beam as your g2 and the tine coming off the "crotch" of g-2 and main beam is non typ.looks the same for the other side but hard to see pics and you have non typ points on top off the g-2 or g-3s where ever they forked hope that helps or just email me. [email protected]

4. sagebrush

sagebrush New Member

me again, also score the buck as a typical, net out the deducts, and then add in the non typ inches, he's got alot of nontyp inches there .let me know what he goes.thanks.

5. Ozwalt

Ozwalt New Member

Thanks guys. I'll be sure to check the grain -- that's a great idea. Sagebrush, I'll shoot you an email on the final rough score in the next couple of days.