1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Georgia Taxidermist Association 2007 Winter Convention

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

February 22nd through February 24th, 2007
    The Georgia Taxidermist Association Winter Convention
    UGA Conference Center, Exit 64, Tifton, GA
    Contact Henry Ford at henry_ford31@yahoo.com or (229) 686-5414, or visit the GTA website.

2. birdman

birdman Killen Merriams in SD

Anyone going? Taking any compitition? I'm taking a bobcat ped. a raccoon ped. a bufflehead and a ringneck.
    My 13 year old daughter mounted a bobcat ped and my 5 year old daughter painted a green frog reproduction.

3. wtailchaser

wtailchaser New Member

i would like to attend, but i'm having trouble getting some questions that i have asked about the GTA. no one there has responded to my emails. any advice?

4. birdman

What questions do you have? Here's a link to the site with show and registerations details. You could call Henry or one of the board members. I'll answer if I can.
    http://www.gataxidermist.com/

5. wtailchaser

wtailchaser New Member

thanks for the reply. must i be a member to attend or do i just pay the registry fee? is it too late to become a member before the convention? is it beginner friendly, or will i be way out of my legue?
    thanks

6. birdman

I think you have to be a member but you can pay membership and registration at the door. You will be surprised at what you can learn and also save money on some supplies. Ever body is a new member at some time. I have always been treated good although it feel feel awkward until you get to know a few people. I have made some good friends over the years. A good way to learn is to bring a mount you have and enter in competion. But go with the attitude to learn especially if you've never competed or the judge could hurt your feeling's but help you in the long run. I've had my feelings hurt a few times (in comepetition) but used it as a learning tool. Good Luck

7. wtailchaser

wtailchaser New Member

thank you so much for the info. i am really looking forward to it. i'll be there thursday morning and probably stay till friday afternoon. if you're there, i'd like to meet and say thanks in person. nice website by the way.
    thanks

8. birdman

Yes sir look me up everyboby has name tag's (Ithink) My name is Michael Shipman I am also a board member.

9. Michael is a good man and a great taxidermist! I'll be at the GTA Convention if I possibly can. Hope to see you there.

10. Wish we could but need to stay working deer season will soon be here and the freezers are still full. But I guess that is a good thing. Well we will catch the winter show again.

Kim

11. birdman

Well I don't know about Hope to see you at our summer show Dale

Kim you may be missing a great show. I know how it is to have the freezer full and season coming on and it's not fun especially when clients are on you back.