1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

State Business License requirements. Washington state.

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by NIT, Jan 19, 2009.

1. NIT

NIT New Member

I am confused as to what requirements I need in the state of washington. I have applied for the taxidermy license through the Fish and Game, the federal migratory bird license, but I can't figure out if I need a UBI number through the state of washington! Any help? The closest I can figure, I don't need one if I plan on grossing less than $12,000. Please let me know.

Brent
    Natures Image Taxidermy ???

2. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

make a simple phone call to your state department of game and fish. thats what i did.

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

It may not be that easy. I did that and they told me to call my city clerks office. I called them and they told me I had to call the zoning department.
    Depending on where you live you may get the run-a-round.

4. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

true, but my point was that he is better off doing the work himself instead of relying on hear-say.

5. You need a UBI in WA to have a business. SO yes... There $15 i think.... the cheap part of lic. in this state.

6. Double Bull

Double Bull New Member

i was wondering how much a taxidermy liecense cost in washington?

7. A Taxidermy License in the stat of Washington cost , Are you ready.......180.00. One of the most expensive states. It costs 10.00 in Oregon. Go figure.

John

8. PLUS another $180 if you want to sell raw furbears(Fur Dealers Lic)

9. That fur bearers license is on top of the state taxidermy license???? I just can't believe this state and the fees they charge. PLtannery your just across the hill from me. I'm going to have to stop in and say hi. JOhn

10. Yep you have the fur dealers as well.... $360 each year in liscenses.... 3/4's of the full price of one deer head for me, almost.

Feel free the shop is open 9 to 4, evenings by appt. It would be nice to meet another member. Ya gonna come over to see our local Big Buck show? Its the 27th thru the 29th of March in Omak.... All the tribal Members bring out their big bucks and Bulls.... I will have a 37"+ Muley and a 31"+ Muley that I am mounting up for tribal members right now... Plus some other 150 class whitetails and a Very nice unscored Velvet whitetail(hard horned it would probably go 170+).

Pm me if you want more details.