1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fleshing with a pressure washer ?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by derwood, Jan 20, 2009.

1. derwood

derwood New Member

Hi folks, new to the forum. I recently overheard someone talk about fleshing a hide with a pressure washer. Am I nuts or does anyone else know of this ? If it can be done then I would be interested in seeing it done.

2. GregJ

GregJ Active Member

try searching this forum. Must be 50 threads about it.

3. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi I have a friend that does most of his fleshing with a pressure washer.well everything but ducks,fish lol ;D.When told me that is what he uses,thought it was a joke. :eek:
    Scott.

4. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

i flesh deer capes, coyotes and bobcats with a pressure washer and get better results than if i did it by hand.

5. Ive done two deer, black bear, coyote, a goose and a turkey with mine. It is the way to go. Gets a little messy but well worth the clean up...ENJOY

6. I've done both, and I must say with a power washer its so uniform, and you think you'd blow through but its pretty easy. I did 3 last week, and it was alittle cold but well worth it. Try it you'll like it

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yeah! there's that horse, haven't seen it in awhile!(LOL)

9. I use a pressure washer at my commercial shop for fleshing all it does is remove the meat and membrane it does not thin the skin in any way you must still thin with a flesher but I love it because of no more beaming capes with a draw knife.