1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Your thoughts on this??

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Perca, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in hearing any commentary on this ad, especially regarding the taxidermists whose names were mentioned in the description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fish-mounts-brook-trout-t-6-lbs-10-oz_W0QQitemZ200302288118QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTaxidermy_Mounts_Antlers?hash=item200302288118&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

2. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Re: You thoughts on this??

The detailed paint on the head is second to none! Definately the best in the whole wide world.

3. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

we are all highly acclaimed in someones eye's aren't we?
    Fish looks o.k. but I don't know about $1000.

I Wish them good luck in their auction and plenty of high bidders.

4. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

I can't say that I've heard of the taxidermists but I've seen alot better looking fish. At least I feel they're better. Definitely not worth $1000. If so, some of you guys need to raise your prices.....Have any of you heard of the mentioned taxidermists?

5. Jim L

Jim L New Member

I'm not an expert on brookies but the body looks okay, repaint the head and drop the price.

6. DanB

DanB New Member

Ha! enlarge the close-up head shot. Is that a fuzzy tongue inside the mouth?

7. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

Nooo way I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder or say Bidder

8. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Yeah Paul that head is KILLER!!! The rest of it looks very nice based on my vast experience mounting Brookies (I've done NONE - lol!)

Maybe a grand IF shipping was included!!!

9. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

I agree the body looks good but the head is lacking color, it's not tied in with the body very well.

10. Gary brings up a good thought. "Hope he gets plenty of high bidder"s.
    Maybe if we all put a fish up on ebay with a very high reserve.....perspective buyers will stop looking to ebay for a cheaper fish or at lleast be more realistic with placing bids on work that IS actually presentable.

11. Ron K

Ron K New Member

no detail in the molded head.