1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Small gator

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by al from sc, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Mounted this on a curt bossie form.last week,,Thank you Tom,for your advise on the pickle,,it seems to have made it a week thru the pickle.05for 5 days...Iam glad they sell epoxie sculpt..lol..it seems to be a hard thing to get a gator after you shoot one,,,they sink,,graple hooks..cross bows..spears..then shooting them again just to make sure there dead....LOL..

2. Lenny

Lenny New Member

You need a different gator guide. We throw a harpoon in them. The point opens like a T and stays in. We have a 1/4'' rope attached to it and play them like a fish. If you cant move him just pressure on him until he tires out. In Georgia you cant shoot them with out a line attach to them. Tape their mouth before putting one in the boat and tie the legs up. We have had one that was knocked out but not dead it makes for a real boat ride.
    Your gator looks good nice job.

3. Thanks Lenny,,Most of the ones hunting in S.C...that I talked to..didnt use a guide..sounds like a fun boat ride..fur shur ;D ;D

4. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi thats a great looking gator mount,great job AL way to go!!!!.You the man!!!!LOL.
    Scott

5. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

Awesome gator AL! :eek:

6. Great Job on the gator. What part of S.C. are you from im from St. George

7. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

That mount Al is just way to cool. I'm going to have to come over for a visit and get me one of those critters. By the way you would have to be the one to put duck tape on the mouth ;D ;D ;D ;D