1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

dawn and water or mineral spirits

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Big Tine, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Big Tine

Big Tine have a great day

does dawn and water degrease as good as mineral spirits and can you dry the birds just as fast using dawn?

2. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

for the sake of simplicity please use the search for degreasers youll come up with countless arguements on this topic weve already done this this week...... :-\ ;D

3. Big Tine

Ok I read some of the post in search but how much dawn do you mix with the water?

4. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

i just squir a little its concentrated- just make sure you have lotsa suds....and if doing waterfowl consider coleman fuel also known as white gassssssssss..............after the dawn and rinse...

5. Big Tine

Thanks man

6. DangerBird

DangerBird New Member

RDA..glad to see someone brave enough to dip their toes in the taxidermy net white gas pond. Not long ago the mere mention of the word "gas" would bring a flood of less than helpful comments.keep up the good work!

7. cheapguy

cheapguy New Member

I love the smell of white gas in the morning. Or maybe early afternoon with all the fumes I get a little confused ;D

8. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

well as the prezeedunt of the GASSASS MALINGERERS society, I feelits my duty to spread THE GOOD WORD!! ;) :D ;D

9. been using coleman fuel for forty years and it still works,make a screen out of hardware cloth with the edges bent down to hold bird off of bottom about 2-3 inches so it doesn't sit in the grease and water in the bottom.