1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Second 2 Nature

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Hoosiertaxman, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Hoosiertaxman

Hoosiertaxman Papa's Pride & Joy

just got in the mail a new Second 2 Nature taxidermy supply catalog. Have any of you ever tried their forms? What do you think of them?...if so are they the soft foam type or the dense foam? thanks

2. i use them on occasion. they are dense foam and make a beautiful mount. i only use the "southern" style deer however so i cant speak for the northern models. They are a definate choice if u are asked to include alot of muscle structure. here is an aggressive series which "I" think turned out pretty good.
    [​IMG]

3. Bayou Bengal

Bayou Bengal New Member

second 2 nature is i believe the company that bought out D Chase. I quit using him after my second bad shipment of trash. Had so much trouble with him, I dont believe i will even try second 2 nature

4. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

Same guy, Jeff Martin. You want his cell number. Call him. 1-225-921-1010

He will fix your problems . at least he's helped me when I have had issues arise in shipping

5. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

i bought a couple of forms of theirs 2 different times for a total of 4 forms at the live auctions at the NTA show and a state show as well, and if you want a hulked out deer then it is the ticket to take, that muscle is already in them. I havent bought any in the last year, and while i had no trouble mounting on them, i just dont like my deer that bulked out its not natural and i want to be as lifelike as possible.

6. I use their forms exclusively on all my W.T. in my shop, correct the anatomy is bulked up but all my customers love them and they write the checks

7. Hoosiertaxman

Hoosiertaxman Papa's Pride & Joy

thanks all

8. My customers ask for them. They don't care how natural they look, they want their's to be a superbuck. I got a lot from Vandykes this year because of the free shipping they had. You can definitely tell the differance. I haven't had any problems with them. Dan Cha$e had a bad rap over some form pirating years ago, the new owners deserve a break.

9. I have been using them for 3 years. They have great customer service. Most of my Deer forms come from them. All my customers love them. I hope they fix Chases problems.

10. Dan Chase is retired now, Judgement was served but their are alot of people out there that are still kicking a dead horse. Jeff Martin is a stand up guy and will do what ever is necessary to turn the company around for the benefit of the customers.

11. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I use them on both southern and northern whitetails...customers love the rippling muscles...like wholesaler said...our customers pay our salary.

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I just got mine today. I don't know how they got my address but they did.
    The deer forms are definitely muscular.

13. I got one the book in the mail the other day. I'm like you Bob, I don't know how they got my address either.

14. what is the web page or them ? if you have it send it to me i would like to see there stuff thanks mark c

15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

http://www.second2naturesupply.com/

16. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

How about posting some of your mounts on Chase forms? I would like to see a few. Personally I think the guy made a terrible mistake, but under the law paid the price. I`am sure he is pretty old by now and hope he has a nice retirement. I wish the best for the new owners, though I would have went ahead and changed the name given all the bad rap.

17. :-\ Well say what you will about Mr. Chase. 16yrs ago when I was just getting started, I called and asked questions and Dan himself got on the phone and helped me out on more than a few occasions. Not to say that another supplier wouldn't but he couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. And they always made any problem I had with a shipment right. I believe if the man made a mistake, he's more than paid for it. So everyone holding a grudge needs to get over it and move on. And the man that just bought him out because of Dan's retirement absolutely shouldn't suffer from that mistake. And as far as the forms, some customers as stated, love all that muscle and some don't. And with any of the mammal forms, you need to order a bit smaller because of all that muscle bulk. And he has the best DP on the market for birds and small criiters. It doesn't paste up when wet and dusts right out of feathers and hair.
    :)
    Best wishes to Dan and Lilley Chase through their retirement!
    And Best of Luck to Jeff Martin, wish him much success!

18. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

As I said Jeff's a pretty good guy to deal with. He even slapped my dvd in his flyer, I am also in the process of having him add my ear splitters as well.

Not that I am saying he's a good guy because of him helping me out ,I'm saying he's a good guy simply for the fact he will make any problems that may arise correct and go out of his way to help you out if you have any questions. You can even call him personally.

19. I've used them on a few aggressive mounts and I keep getting more and more requests for that pose. With the heavy shouldered deer around here (cental illinois) they come out pretty cool. Don't really have to tug and tuck too much. I thaught about take'n it out of the display room and replace'n it with a newer style, but my wife came in with the numbers of how much we've made off of it, and won't let me take it down. Can't say much after that. Lol

20. Jamie E

Jamie E Member

My customers love them and I have many repeat request for them.And if I have one hanging next to any of the other mounts, thats the one they all go for ! I don't mind doing them , but I hate the head and face on them, and always have to alter the huge brawl/forhead that they have. I have put a change out head on one and it made an awesome mount, but can't make any money that way ! I had a customer just today come and pick up his mount, and he immediately went to the 2nd to nature mount ,and said ''man, I wish you would have used that form on my deer !'' If I bring you one next year, thats what I want !'' He was extremely happy with '' HIS'' mount, but, kinda bummed that I hadn't offered him a 2nd 2 nature form to pick from ! ( I always give them their choice of pose that they want, off of the McKenzie posters that I have hanging in the shop ) Guess I'll have to start offering the 2nd 2 nature also, as alot of people have seen them and are requesting them. B U T , I will charge more for them, as they have to be altered, ( imo).