1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gallus sonneratii

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RoyalOaksRanch, Feb 4, 2009.

1. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Are grey jungle fowl aka Sonnerat... aka- Gallus sonneratii --- Are the jungles cites protected in any way shape or form? Ive been reading the Cites list and cant find it but wanted to check in case I just hadnt seen it yet...

2. gadwig

gadwig Member

Let me be the first to say...WHAT?

3. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I don't think they are, but please do not take my word for it ! they are quite common in captivity here int he UK. They re also very nice in full plumage.

4. I dont believe they are. We used to have a pair, and I wish we still had them, but I wasnt doing taxidermy at the time. They breed like rats. On out game bird licence, they are not on the list.

5. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I just lost a male who is residing in my freezer... and since his tail is not good was considering skinning and drying him for the flly tying... But I wanted to double check and make sure its not listed.. I know my game license doesnt care about them.. but my luck I could see ffer the skin for sale and get hit with some fine or something.

Gravity, they are seasonal breeders so are you sure your referring to the greys jungle fowl? They dont exactly produce that many eggs per year. My reds lay far more eggs though they are seasonal too but their laying lasts a bit longer..

6. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

If the rest of him is good, why not just hang on to him until you can get some tailfeathers?
    If he has other issues, though ... yeah. Fly tyers love those things.
    I don't think they are protected. The fly fishing shops have those capes for sale all the time, for $$$$!!

7. sorry ,but i have no clue of what the heck your talking about

8. Brando24

Brando24 Member

yeah im with Jeffrey, looks like i'll be google'n to see what the heck thos are.

9. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=grey+jungle+fowl&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2