1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My eye's suck!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bruledrift, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig Member

Must be the magic number. Between my 47th and 48th, I had to "see" the eye Dr. I needed 1.5 reading glasses. Thankfully, only to read!!! I hate the damn things too, but I find I need them for fine scissor work, eye work, etc.

2. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

I am going to have to add more light above my bench also. I didn't want to go the bifocul way because I wear contacts for shooting and everyday use. I might have to take them out when I work on my mounts though. I might get used to it, but it is still a pain in the ass.

3. Sarge

Sarge A little too much Lord *hic*

Contacts and a pair of 2x reading glasses works for me my no lines make me wanna hurl if I wear them hunting the change is right in the eye line with the scope makes some really weird cross hairs

JMO

Jeff

4. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I just started wearing reading glasses myself this winter. I'll be 42 next week. ::) :(

5. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Sometimes I think I'm blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other. I hope my feeling in my fingers don't go.

6. Sarge

Sarge A little too much Lord *hic*

Got my Bifoals last fall right before I turned 42 as well

7. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

try being far sited and having Blepharitis....SUCKS royally

8. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

What the hell is Blepharitis?

9. kwickerink

kwickerink New Member

Well sewing and craft stores now sell a multitude of magnified lights! I got an OTT light, huge adjustable arm and it is a duplication of outdoor natural lighting so you get colors right! $55.00 on sale!

10. Jer

Jer Member

John, The old eye thing sucks...Wait until you see what goes next!!

11. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

Jer, Maybe that will give me more time to Hunt, Fish and do Taxidermy LOL.

12. D.Taximan

D.Taximan Member

I just got a pair of trifocal progressive with added prisim. It's hard to do taxidermy with them,I usaually take them off and ware my reading glasses or optivisor. Kinda sucks. 60 here

13. Bobbi Meyer

Chronic dry eye...
    The oil glands in the eyelids plug up and your eyes dry out really bad.
    When you blink it's like running dry wiper blades over a dusty window.

14. bowhunterj

bowhunterj New Member

I was 47 when it hit me also, But far sighted not near! The woods were a big blur one day it was that quick! Put glasses on and it was like seeing in 3-D, I feel for ya man!

15. paul e

paul e New Member

started noticing it last year
    optiviser helps and got me a dentist swing arm with the magnifier(really good but not cheap)

16. Bobbi Meyer

Jim, if you can see up close then you are near sighted if you can see far off you are farsighted...I'm farsighted. I can read road signs from 1/2 mile away, but can read a book for crap. :(

17. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

one word BIFOCALS

18. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

I just went to the eye doc last week and he wanted to give me Bifocals, but like I said before, I wear contacts most of the time. Besides, bifocals are for old people, LOL. I can see pretty good close up without any glasses or contacts in I found out. So when I'm detailing and constantly moving in and out to look at what I have, I'll have to wear my glasses.

Bobbie, that would be annoying as hell.

19. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

You wake up one day and find out that lots of things on your body HURT. Just when you try to make yourself feel better by thinking 'not everything hurts', you realize that the things that don't hurt--- DON'T WORK!

20. Bobbi Meyer

Bruledrift...it is annoying as hell. Any sort of wind dries them out bad, and so does a trip inside Wal-Mart? I don't really know why on the second one?