1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2 new birds .critic please

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by kazo, Feb 5, 2009.

1. kazo

kazo New Member

I finished these two birds but don't know there names in English. Duck is the smallest duck we have ( I think it is the smallest in Europe) and the pheasant we call Himalayan.I would like your critic.

2. kazo

kazo New Member

Almost forgot to tell these are my fifth and sixth birds.

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

NOT BAD AT ALL for so few done!!! they are clean and nice, now its the fine tune that you must look at. the wing position on the teal spells mounted to me as well as the spread of the tail. the leg position also looks a little "lazy" alot of the time in siiliar poses Ill have the feet right up under the tail.. The grooming is good and as I say they are CLEAN now just achieve a little more life through the posing!!! THe pheasant seems stiff legged to me study the way the legs move and where they are at in relation the the other parts of the body before shinning the next bird the more we look the more we learn!! But,, as I said Very Nice for #5 and6!!!! ;)

4. I cant help with the duck but the pheasant looks like a blue eared pheasant. They look good to me.

5. i cant tell but from the picture but the head looks cocked alittle looks like it needs to be at a 90 degree angle with the floor if you watch a bird fly thats how it flys thats the way it looks in the picture it might be different if we had an up close picture also the bird looks to stretched out to me in the butt area i might be wrong but other than that it looks good

6. gadwig

gadwig Member

Nice job. By the way, it's a hen Greenwing Teal.

7. Just fanning the tail out will make all the difference in the world. I agree with the feet too, pull them up under the tail for that pose. Grooming looks good. Nice job over all.

8. Great job, looks great

9. mark11

mark11 now accepting new wholesale clients

birds look very good for the few you have done would not have guessed you didn't have more under your belt, just some fine tuning to work on.get all of the reference you can get and learn to pick out the details.
    Danny, not trying to get a huge debate started but you alsoneed to get more reference of flying birds before giving advice that a 90 degree angle on the head is just how birds fly. birds do not have 360 degree vision so they are constantly turning and moving their heads in flight, do you drive your car with your head locked in looking exactly forward never turning it to look around. here is just one pic of countless thousands available.

[​IMG]

10. ed150

ed150 deer city time

looks good