1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Artificial cactus

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by jeffwhitehead, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jeffwhitehead

jeffwhitehead New Member

Can anyone tell me where I can find some artificial cactus? I checked the archives and saw where others have asked this question but found no answers. I'm needing some for a double pedestal mount of 2 South Texas whitetails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Jeff

2. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I know in here the UK they sell very realistic ones for use in reptile vivariums, they really do look the part but maybe too small for what you are looking for , maybe try e-bay or your local pet store ?

3. bowhuntnnut

bowhuntnnut 210-260-0190

I've yet to find any that are worth a darn. I'm gonna try and make my own this year.

4. WeaponX

WeaponX I'm an old dude

There is an excellent article in Breakthrough on making them, either the last issue or the one before.

5. jeffwhitehead

jeffwhitehead New Member

Thanks guys. George listed a site in a couple of posts about it but I couldn't find any on their site. If I find any I'll let you guys know!

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I sell some

Molded from prickly pear cactus here in Arizona by me, they come with spines as well (have to glue those back in).

Kerby...

[​IMG]

e-mail: [email protected]

$8 small one
    $10 larger one
    plus shipping

I modified the price of the large cactus pad from $12 to $10. Sorry about this mistake, I can't even read my own website LOL

7. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

AL HOLMES SUPPLY COMPANY out of Alabama has 2 full pages of artificial cactus have not ordered any of them but don't look to bad from photos. But I am pretty picky about plants I put in my habitats I want them to look as real as possible. I resort to using real perserved plants when practical. No web site but 1-800-465-6371

8. 4skins

4skins New Member

Kerby's cactus are nice.I recently used some in a scene.You won't be disappointed.

9. done right taxidermy

done right taxidermy New Member

andrew at medina valley wildlife makes an awesome cactus.. his number should be on thetexas taxidermy assoc. site.

10. Night Hawk

Night Hawk Turkey Man

"qualitysilkplants.com and http://www.barnardltd.com/ these are great plants , i used them in my black buck display. Hope you find what you are looking for.

11. knife2sharp

knife2sharp New Member

I used the artificial cactus from these online flowershops and they look alright. I have a 33" and a 22" prickley pear cactus on my black buck base and it looks pretty good. They are plastic however, so aren't quite like the casted ones, but after painting they'd look about the same anyways. Only problem with those casted ones is they're so short.